Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AppFormAsynchResize not triggered
Hello!

Just came back from my holiday and updated Intraweb from 15.3.7 to 15.3.12 and now the IWAppFormAsyncResize event is not called anymore!?
The IWAppFormResize is still called.

Any ideas?

Best regards, Mikael
Downgraded to version 15.3.7 again and the IWAppFormAsyncResize event is back!

I'm also using a IWTabControl and after upgrading to version 15.3.12 it refused to switch between the tabs. Also this function recovered after downgrading!

Best regards, Mikael
Very confused about this error and in what version it starts.
Se my upgrade history below.
Seems like as soon as version 15.3.10 or 15.3.11 is applied I have to downgrade to version 15.3.9 or lower to get it working again!?

Started with 15.3.7 Woks fine
Upgrade to 15.3.12 Not working

Reinstalled 15.3.7 Works fine again
Upgrade to 15.3.11 Not working
Downgrade to 15.3.8 Works fine
Upgrade to 15.3.9 Works fine
Upgrade to 15.3.10 Works fine
Upgrade to 15.3.11 Not working
Downgrade to 15.3.10 Not working
Downgrade to 15.3.9 Works fine
Upgrade to 15.3.11 Woks fine
Hi Mikael,

Do you have a specific scenario where it doesn't run?

In all my tests the AsyncResize event is triggering as it should, using the latest IW 15.3.12.

Can you give me a test case?
BTW, version upgrades are not cumulative, one version completely replaces the previous, so no code from IW 15.3.9 is required to make 15.3.10 or 11 work. Maybe the compiler/linker is using a different version?
Anything? I'm curious
Sorry for late reply, had some other projects to attend to :-)

Basically I have a huge problem with screen updates whatsoever. 
We have a old VCL application thet I tried to "convert" to Intraweb. It has houndreds of dynamically created components on it, mostly Images. All components are resized and positioned depending on current screen size. The OnAScreenResize event does an initial huge job reposition and sizing everything, after that different events trigger other updates, for example if a image dissapears then all images around it gets resized to fill the missing area.

My problem is that I can se my code is executed to set for instance size on a component but it is not reflected on screen. 
I tried lots of  Self.AsyncReload(True);  and component.Invalidate;  but screen is not reflecting the components actual size/position.

This does not apply to all components, many of them work just fine, but if i rearrange my code resizing in another order then suddenly other components does not work.

If I insert a breakpoint in my program and check a components properties for Height and Width I can se it has the correct values but it's not reflected on screen!

Is there a way to FORCE out a new page updating all componet properties on the webpage? Even after a Self.AsyncReload(True); screen is wrong.

Can this problem depend on missuse of Asynch and Synch events?  I asked in the forum before whats the real difference between Asynch events and Synch events, but have not gotten any clear information.

I have a bunch of timers triggering all over the place initiating component updates, can this be a problem? Should i use OnAsynchTimer or OnTimer events?

And no, it's not easy to produce a sample program as all the events are triggered from different communication routines :-(

Best regards, frustrated Mikael