Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go to the next IWEdit input field on a mobile device by pressing Tab (right arrow)
Go to the next IWEdit input field on a mobile device by pressing Tab (right arrow)

How to do it? On a computer, pressing the tab key moves the cursor to the next input field. On a mobile device, there is a "button" on the keyboard with an image of a right arrow. I believe that this is an analogue of the tab key and pressing this key should cause the cursor to move to the next input field. However, this does not happen. To move the cursor on a mobile device, you have to move the cursor by touching the desired IWEdit with your finger.

How to make the cursor on a mobile device move when the tab is pressed (right arrow)
The behavior of mobile keyboards can vary widely depending on the device and operating system being used.

On my test device (Android) the green button with a right arrow DOES move to the next input field, so it works as expected.

If it doesn't work in your case I suggest that you create a new empty IW application, add a few IWEdits to it and nothing else. Run it and test it again. If it still doesn't work, try a different mobile device.

The point here is: there is very little that can be done from IW side to change this. The application doesn't control the keyboard behavior....
As a result of experiments, it was found out that tabulation is triggered within one TIWRegion.    If there is only one TIWEdit in the TIWRegion, then when the tab is pressed, the transition to another (next TIWEdit) located in another TIWRegion does not occur.

I use IWRegion to construct an image on the screen. I place IWregion, set the alClient property to it. Next, I put another IWRegion component on it, set the alTop property to it. Next, I place TIWLabel on it, set the left property to it, and next to it I place TIWEdit and set the alClient property to it. Thus, I have the name of the parameter displayed on the left, and in the right part there is a field for entering the parameter. The components for entering the next parameter are placed in another IWRegion, which is located below..... Thus TIWEdit is placed in different TIWRegion. Probably I'm using TIWRegion incorrectly. Tell me how to design the screen correctly for entering parameters. Which component should I use instead of TIWRegion?
I'll do some testing and let you know the results.