Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
secure idFTP server
Hi,
I've build a secure idFTP Server with self-signed cert.pem and key.pem. Launching it on a PC of my LAN I can access to it from a idFTP-client without problems. Trying to access through cuteFTP-client or FileZilla-client there is some trouble.
From FileZilla the log says:
Stato: Disconnesso dal server
Stato: Connessione a 192.168.0.56:21...
Stato: Connessione stabilita, in attesa del messaggio di benvenuto...
Stato: Inizializzazione TLS in corso...
Stato: Verifica del certificato in corso...
Stato: Connessione TLS stabilita.
Stato: Accesso effettuato
Stato: Lettura elenco cartelle...
Comando: PWD
Risposta: 257 "/" is working directory.
Comando: TYPE I
Risposta: 200 Type set to I.
Comando: PASV
Risposta: 500 Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use.
Comando: PORT 192,168,0,56,213,120
Risposta: 200 PORT Command successful.
Comando: MLSD
Risposta: 125 File status okay; about to open data connection.
Risposta: 426 Data connection closed abnormally.
Errore: Non è stato possibile leggere il contenuto della cartella
Stato: Connessione chiusa dal server

It seems the connection was closed by the server with "426 Data connection closed abnormally"
Any help appreciated.
best regards
Toni
(10-23-2019, 08:44 AM)Toni Santa Wrote: It seems the connection was closed by the server with "426 Data connection closed abnormally"

There is no way to diagnose this with just the client's log. All the client knows is that the server reported an error had occurred, but it does not know what the error actually was.

On the TIdFTPServer side, a 426 response is sent if an uncaught exception is raised. Either when building the directory list itself, or if the TCP connection used for the data transfer can't be established, or if there is an error negotiating an SSL/TLS handshake for the TCP connection, or there is an error transmitting the list over the TCP connection, etc.

The only way to know for sure what is actually going on is to debug your server when the error happens.

However, I will say that I don't see any data transfer related security commands in your log, such as PROT. You say your server is secure, but the client is not trying to secure the transfer of data. How exactly do you have your TIdFTPServer configured? What are the actual property settings?