Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIdSMTP and punycode domains.
My company got a Russian domain 'инвенто.рф'
MS Outlook sends  and receives emails without any problem and not use of punycode convertation.
But I need to make a software email reminder for personnel. 

UnicodeString email = "slon@ивенто.рф";
   IdMessage->Recipients->EMailAddresses = email;
   if (IdSMTP->Connected())
       IdSMTP->Send(IdMessage);

got an exception: <slon@??????.??>: domain missing or malformed

wher I use a punycode conversion for this domain "slon@xn--b1aghucg1a.xn--p1ai", Indy sends this letter quietly, but letter nowere comes.
Encoding of headers I try both UTF-8 and KOI-8R. Same result.

Maybe any ideas?
(04-01-2019, 02:28 PM)SergJP Wrote: My company got a Russian domain 'инвенто.рф'
MS Outlook sends  and receives emails without any problem and not use of punycode convertation.

It has to be doing something, because email protocols do not allow unencoded non-ASCII characters in domain names. Is your Outlook configured to use POP3/IMAP/SMTP, or is it using Exchange?

(04-01-2019, 02:28 PM)SergJP Wrote: But I need to make a software email reminder for personnel. 

UnicodeString email = "slon@ивенто.рф";
   IdMessage->Recipients->EMailAddresses = email;
   if (IdSMTP->Connected())
       IdSMTP->Send(IdMessage);

got an exception: <slon@??????.??>: domain missing or malformed

Indy does not currently support sending emails to email addresses that contain non-ASCII characters. The following tickets are already in Indy's issue tracker:

#108: Add support for RFC 6531 ("SMTP Extension for Internationalized Email")
#250: Add support for RFC 6532 ("Internationalized Email Headers")

(04-01-2019, 02:28 PM)SergJP Wrote: wher I use a punycode conversion for this domain "slon@xn--b1aghucg1a.xn--p1ai", Indy sends this letter quietly, but letter nowere comes.

Indy will send a punycode domain name to the SMTP server. If the SMTP server is not delivering the email properly, talk to the SMTP server admin about that.

(04-01-2019, 02:28 PM)SergJP Wrote: Encoding of headers I try both UTF-8 and KOI-8R. Same result.

That only applies to the email content, not to the actual email recipients. Those are handled separately, at a different layer of the SMTP protocol.