Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10
Hi Remy

The good news is that I've successfully installed 10.6.2. The bad news is that it isn't working. I use the MJFAF setup and instructions (I think I did it correctly).

Everything shows up in my C builder 2K7 correctly. All compiles and links without a hitch. But when I run the program from within the IDE and try to send an email ... complete failure. The unit containing the smtp client loads ok but I get exception errors on things like setting the password. I also get a message that the system cannot find IdException.pas. I believe that, because it isn't there. The MJFAF instructions said to delete or hide the source folder. When I tried idFTP the unit that uses it immediately reported that property IPVersion does not exist.

I do note that there are a couple of files in the BIN folder (dlls) that aren't mentioned in the MJFAF instructions, but leaving them in or not makes no difference. I am struggling with this ... it seemed so straightforward. I've obviously missed something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10 - by OldBob1938 - 01-09-2020, 12:23 AM