Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IP address change error during session
Hello,

I am testing my latest app, deployed on AWS, using  Load Balancer (which also provides SSL) with sticky session (with a single target, so stickiness not really important).  When I connect to app, after a while I get an IP address change detected.  The current version was built using   IW 14.2.7, deployed as service.

I finally just turned of IP check in server controller and it works fine.

I will be migrating this app to IW 15 once I upgrade to latest CGDevtools components and will see if situation still occurs.

Cheers!
This is external to IW so 15 will make no difference. If your load balancer is not sticky, then you simply need to set RestrictIPs = false.
(01-08-2019, 05:26 PM)kudzu Wrote: This is external to IW so 15 will make no difference. If your load balancer is not sticky, then you simply need to set RestrictIPs = false.

Thanks.  I think the issue is with the LB. I am using the Newer Application LB on AWS and not the older style that load balanced instances.  The LB takes care of getting user session , but the LB itself appears to be a cluster.  

I am enabling IWAppshield on project which logs all session activity to confirm if that is indeed the case.

Cheers!
It could be "inbound load balancing" causing this too. This keeps the same session (ie same server IP), but incoming IP varies. Normally big ones like Amazon dont do this, but many mobile providers do at the client level or via their proxies.