Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with nested frames in IW15
We have discovered an issue in one of our web applications that slipped through our initial tests when migrating from IW 14.2 to IW 15. When you have a frame inside another frame, it seems like the HTML naming convention in IW15 has changed so that a control from the innermost frame gets its full HTML name from the outermost frame + the control name (rather than from the innermost frame + the control name). In most cases this does not matter, but we have a frame (call it ParentFrame) which contains two instances of another frame (call them ChildFrame1 and ChildFrame2). The problem is that the two child frames contains controls (an edit and two links in each) that will end up with identical HTML names, which has the effect that the link OnClick event handlers only work in one of the child frames. Any ideas on how to solve my problem? I cannot change the HTMLName property as it is read-only. Just for testing, I experimented with changing the control names in ChildFrame2 at runtime (although I know there are strong warnings against doing this in Delphi), and while I could get the link OnClick handlers to trigger this way, the text from the edit control is not properly extracted.
Hi,

I'll have to test this specific scenario. If you have a ready to run test case it could be a little faster... if so, please send the source code to alexandre [at] atozed dot com
(10-30-2018, 09:53 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi,

I'll have to test this specific scenario. If you have a ready to run test case it could be a little faster... if so, please send the source code to alexandre [at] atozed dot com

Hi Alexandre and thanks for your quick reply! I have sent you an e-mail with a test project. Let me know if you got it or not.
I'm looking at it right now. I shall have a response in a few hours.
I'll keep you informed.

Kind regards
Hello,

please update to V 15.0.15. It contains a fix to that issue.

Some context related to that fix, if you are interested: The previous way of prefixing components in frames was effective in most cases, but not in all. There was some uncommon case still having problems, which is multiple frame levels (Frame A owns Frame B1 and B2 and each one in turn owns Frame C). We changed the prefix reintroducing a regression bug.
Now the prefix will be composed of all parent frame names which should work in all scenarios.

Please let us know if the new version fixed your issue.

Kind regards
Hi,

I can confirm that 15.0.15 fixes this issue both in the test application and in our "real world" application. Thanks!