Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bootstrap 4
Howdy All!

Is there a time frame for when IW #.## is going to include Bootstrap 4?

The Bootstrap 4 components look promising to new responsive web  apps:

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/alerts/

Thanks,

Shane
Hi Shane, you can use any boostrap version in iw14/15 now.
(09-26-2018, 07:35 PM)Jose Nilton Pace Wrote: Hi Shane, you can use any boostrap version in iw14/15 now.

Howdy Jose!

It was my understanding that IW's Bootstrap components are based on 

https://github.com/kattunga/IWBootstrapFramework

which are based on Bootstrap 3.

I really would like to start my new IW project with the latest version of bootstrap if possible.

All the best,

Shane
(09-26-2018, 07:35 PM)Jose Nilton Pace Wrote: Hi Shane, you can use any boostrap version in iw14/15 now.

The word "use" is pretty broad here Smile   The poster is most likely referring to a component based solution. When you say you can already use any version of Bootstrap, there are at least 3 ways:

1) Use templates (not desirable)
2) Use basic IW components and put a lot of code to set ExtraTagParams, OnHTMLTag, etc. And perhaps add some home-built components.
3) Use IWBootstrap

1 and 2 seem not worth it to me, far from elegant. I would think a lot of people use IW because you can build your pages in a similar way to how Delphi works. So we just need a volunteer to create IWBootstrap4))
Yeah you're right, i don't use IWBoostrap and use option 1 (template) with option 2 (iw basic components), put in all iwbasiccomponents, property css-> 'form-control' and you are done, but i change to any template i like, with zero coding in Delphi side.

This demo shows a use of template with a single html.
This demo shows a use of mastertemplate <-- i use this option (And being very sincere, you spend more time with the html than with Delphi).

Please, see this and this videos, tell me what you think. (Remember, IWBasicComponents with Template).
(09-26-2018, 10:35 PM)Jose Nilton Pace Wrote: Yeah you're right, i don't use IWBoostrap and use option 1 (template) with option 2 (iw basic components), put in all iwbasiccomponents, property css-> 'form-control' and you are done, but i change to any template i like, with zero coding in Delphi side.

This demo shows a use of template with a single html.
This demo shows a use of mastertemplate <-- i use this option (And being very sincere, you spend more time with the html than with Delphi).

Please, see this and this videos, tell me what you think. (Remember, IWBasicComponents with Template).

Hi Jose,

I've seen your video's before and am really impressed. Mine are not that advanced yet but my basis is the same. Using basic intraweb components with templates and js/jquery to make the needed changes to the html/css. Very flexible but I also find myself spending a lot of time with html/javascript to get a nice working layout. I lack knowledge there. Maybe I'll make a video in the future.

Just started IW15 this week but it's an important step again
  • Remove Styles from IWControls when rendering in Async, if TemplateProcessor.RenderStyles = False. This fixes several problems when using templates (finally)
  • Templates: Attributes are allowed inside template control tags. Nice to keep styles etc in the template without using jQuery
I do like the IWBootstrap controls. By using it I see myself doing less html/css.
Yes, actually knowledge in basic html / js is very important, but it is not the fundamental. At first I did not know anything about html / js, today I know a little and I use a little bit of js, but the FREEDOM that IW gives me, is priceless.