Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove <meta> tag in Generated HTML
For one of our Intraweb projects, there is a <meta> tag being rendered in the HTML header that identifies the product name and version of IntraWeb being used.  See example below:

<meta Name="GENERATOR" content="IntraWeb v15.0.9 Serial....">

For security purposes, we would like to exclude this tag from our production server.  How can we prevent Intraweb from injecting this tag?

The only thing I can find on this, is to change the intraweb source code, but that would require patching it every time there is an update released.

Current environment:
Delphi 10.2 and C++ Builder 10.2 Update 3
IntraWeb 15.0.9 Ultimate (no source)

Thanks!
Hi, 

yes, that's a good point. We will include an option to remove it from the final HTML. Stay tunned for a new version soon.
Hi, 

yes, that's a good point. We will include an option to remove it from the final HTML. Stay tunned for a new version soon.
Short term you can find that code in the source and change it.

Alex, you might consider an option to change it rather than just eliminate it. I've found it handy to put some shorthand identifying my own version/etc in there.

Dan
(08-17-2018, 12:22 AM)DanBarclay Wrote: Short term you can find that code in the source and change it.

Alex, you might consider an option to change it rather than just eliminate it.  I've found it handy to put some shorthand identifying my own version/etc in there.

Dan

Hi Dan! Long time no see! ;-)

hum... I don't see why not. Probably the best option is a ServerController event...

PS: You should join our Telegram group! You know.... I'm outnumbered in our political conversations there  Big Grin
(08-17-2018, 12:57 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 12:22 AM)DanBarclay Wrote: Short term you can find that code in the source and change it.

Alex, you might consider an option to change it rather than just eliminate it.  I've found it handy to put some shorthand identifying my own version/etc in there.

Dan

Hi Dan! Long time no see! ;-)

hum... I don't see why not. Probably the best option is a ServerController event...

PS: You should join our Telegram group! You know.... I'm outnumbered in our political conversations there  Big Grin

Isn't Telegram the one that wants your phone number?  I've got enough "stuff" going on with that, no good reason to submit it to them.

Besides, why would I expose myself to that kind of uninformed political harassment when I can get it for free in the fake news and latenight tv?

Dan
You can make a fake number in about 5 seconds... thats what I did for telegram...... Search TextNow in google...
You are missing out a LOT on TeamZed....
So, it doesn't have to be a cell phone? I have a throwdown IP phone number we use for voice messages. No text, just a voice phone. Will that work or does it require texting for validation?
For initial setup it requires a phone that can receive a text message for an ID.

https://www.textnow.com/ can give you a free US cell phone. No credit card or other needed. I signed up using facebook (optional) account in about 5 seconds.

After that just send a dummy outbound text message once a month to keep it active. I've since obtained a dummy sim and phone number for use here and in other things since so many things want phone numbers these days and I dont want to hand out my personal one. So I have that sim now which costs me like $1 a month prepaid and its in an old button phone and is used only for TG, paypal, etc...

I dislike the phone requirement, but that aside TG is very nice.