Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cookies and restart session in a different browser tab
Hi,

in my application I have to use cookies (Servercontroller.cookieoptions.useCoolkies: = True)

... I need that if a user opens the same app in a different browser tab to start with a new session (instead of using the current one)

how can I do ?

a solution I found is to detach the cookies ... but unfortunately I need it for other reasons

thanks
Alessandro Romano
(09-28-2022, 09:01 AM)staff@ergosoft.it Wrote: Hi,

in my application I have to use cookies (Servercontroller.cookieoptions.useCoolkies: = True)

... I need that if a user opens the same app in a different browser tab to start with a new session (instead of using the current one)

how can I do ?

a solution I found is to detach the cookies ... but unfortunately I need it for other reasons

thanks
Alessandro Romano

Hello,
  did you find solution ?

Marcin
If you start a new session in a new browser tab, you will lose the existing session. I believe that's not your intent.

If you want to have multiple sessions in different browsers tab, each tab (i.e. session) must have a unique URL address. That's the reason for the SessionOptions.UniqueURL property.

That's how browsers work. It's the same with any application out there (e.g. GMail and other web based email apps)

If you explain why are you trying to do that instead of how you want to do it, maybe we can help you more.