Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWFileUploader issue with text that contains apostrophes
Hello,

I have a problem with the IWFileUploader when I change one of the fields of TextStrings with a text that contains an apostrophe.
eg: IWFileUploader6->TextStrings->MultipleFileDropNotAllowedText = "Qu'un seul fichier !";
I still get an hourglass, the page comes up but becomes unresponsive.
I tried with \' and other combinations, but it doesn't work.
This happens when changing in the IDE or programmatically.
How to solve this?
Thanks in advance.
Hum... I don't see any easy way to make it work with current code base because the strings are being encoded before sending it to the browser but not exactly the way it should be.

Are you using the latest version? If so we are releasing an update that fixes it and you can update
(06-07-2022, 02:52 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hum... I don't see any easy way to make it work with current code base because the strings are being encoded before sending it to the browser but not exactly the way it should be.

Are you using the latest version? If so we are releasing an update that fixes it and you can update

Hi Alexandre,
Yes, I updated to the latest version (15.2.55) to test.
I found a partial solution: replace the apostrophe with &#039 . But it only works for some texts (ex DragText and RemoveButtonText are OK) and some not (ex SizeErrorText, MultipleFileDropNotAllowedText, TypeErrorText does not change the &#039)
Please update to IW 15.2.56 and give it a try. It should work as expected

https://www.atozed.com/2022/06/intraweb-15-2-56/

Kind regards
Thumbs Up 
(06-07-2022, 09:55 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Please update to IW 15.2.56 and give it a try. It should work as expected

https://www.atozed.com/2022/06/intraweb-15-2-56/

Kind regards

It work !!!  Big Grin
 Thank you for your reactivity !!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Alexander,

Bad news, there is a new problem with the 15.2.56 version. Anchors no longer work properly now.
I switched back to 15.2.55 to test, and the anchors work.
(06-07-2022, 12:48 PM)Mikhael Wrote: Alexander,

Bad news, there is a new problem with the 15.2.56 version. Anchors no longer work properly now.

What kind of anchors (I think you are referencing the <a> tag)?

Can you describe the issue?
(06-07-2022, 09:16 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 12:48 PM)Mikhael Wrote: Alexander,

What kind of anchors (I think you are referencing the <a> tag)?

Can you describe the issue?

It's the anchors in IDE propriety :

Ok, I found why, I have a IWTimer. If I remove this timer, it's ok.

To reproduce, just put an IWTimer on your form.
I found a partial answer by substituting &#039 for the apostrophe. However, it only works for some texts (for example, DragText and RemoveButtonText) and not for others (for example, SizeErrorText, MultipleFileDropNotAllowedText, and TypeErrorText does not modify the &#039)gmail