Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows service name
(04-14-2022, 03:52 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: @Jeroen

DisplayName property will be used instead of AppName to set the Display Name of the service, when installing, starting from v 15.2.54.

Cheers

And a thanks from me as well, I have reported this to you too, maybe about a year or so ago.
(04-29-2022, 03:40 AM)iwuser Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 03:52 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: @Jeroen

DisplayName property will be used instead of AppName to set the Display Name of the service, when installing, starting from v 15.2.54.

Cheers

And a thanks from me as well, I have reported this to you too, maybe about a year or so ago.

It's not fixed in .54, it still uses Name property for display name, not DisplayName...
@iwuser

I tested IW15.2.54 and it works. DisplayName is used to set the Display Name of the service like Alexandre mentioned.
Can you please check again?

You have to install the newly build service. That's the moment the Windows API's are called to setup the Windows service and register the display name of the service.
(04-29-2022, 12:17 PM)jeroen.rottink Wrote: @iwuser

I tested IW15.2.54 and it works. DisplayName is used to set the Display Name of the service like Alexandre mentioned.

You have to install the newly build service. That's the moment the Windows API's are called to setup the Windows service and register the display name of the service.

Nope, did not work for me. I certainly have .54 and I'm setting DisplayName in ServerController, in IWServerControllerBaseConfig. I'm also setting AppName & Description there and those do work, but not DisplayName. Positive, just re-tested it again now.

I am using IWStartHSys, are you too?
(04-29-2022, 01:35 PM)iwuser Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 12:17 PM)jeroen.rottink Wrote: @iwuser

Nope, did not work for me. I certainly have .54 and I'm setting DisplayName in ServerController, in IWServerControllerBaseConfig. I'm also setting AppName & Description there and those do work, but not DisplayName. Positive, just re-tested it again now.

I am using IWStartHSys, are you too?
I am using Indy service. That's the difference. 
I did a quick test with IWStartHSys and then DisplayName is indeed not used.
Ok, thanks for confirming it! So with IWStartHSys it's still an issue in .54. Alexandre, can you please look into this?
Yes, version .55 will fix that in HttpSys services as well
(05-19-2022, 03:11 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Yes, version .55 will fix that in HttpSys services as well

Thanks, confirmed - it's fixed now!
Great, thanks for your feedback! :-)