Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delphi 11.1 - 64 bit compile issue?
Delphi 11.1 (was working with 11.0)
Build or Compile fail:
A) App1:
"[dcc64 Fatal Error] ServerController.pas(44): F2051 Unit IWInit was compiled with a different version of IWGlobal.gServerControllerClass'"
B) App2:
"[dcc64 Fatal Error] IWMain.pas(8): F2051 Unit IWStandAloneServer was compiled with a different version of IWURL.TURL"

32 bit app profile compiles ok Build and Compile

What can be done?
TIA Huh
I think you have to wait until all Intraweb units are compiled with the same version that you are using, 11.1!!!
Delphi versions are not binary compatible. Vendors need to release updates to match. 11.1 was just released yesterday. We will have an update soon.
(03-17-2022, 11:47 PM)kudzu Wrote: Delphi versions are not binary compatible. Vendors need to release updates to match. 11.1 was just released yesterday. We will have an update soon.

Thank you - I will wait.

The Delphi presentation for 11.1 said the components were compatible with 11.0.
All my other components came across ok.

Recap - the Win32 bit compile of the same application was ok.
Win64  profile had the failure as indicated, even after re install of the IW

best regards
They may have been speaking about compile level compatibility. That is very different than binary compatibility. With updates from .0 to .1 they sometimes keep binary compatibility, but many times it breaks it. There have even been more than one time that they said releases were binary compatible but later it was found they were not and they had to release minor patches, or retract their statements.
(03-19-2022, 08:28 PM)kudzu Wrote: They may have been speaking about compile level compatibility. That is very different than binary compatibility. With updates from .0 to .1 they sometimes keep binary compatibility, but many times it breaks it. There have even been more than one time that they said releases were binary compatible but later it was found they were not and they had to release minor patches, or retract their statements.

FYI-
Interesting - iw15.2.49 works in 11.1
32 bit compile and 64 bit compile

ok for me
Alexandre is the authority on this. He does the builds. I'm speaking from a general perspective.
It's in the pipeline. We are going to release a new build today

Cheers
iW Team

-thank you
IntraWeb 15.2.51 is out. Includes RAD Studio/Delphi 11 Update 1 support:
https://www.atozed.com/2022/03/intraweb-15-2-51/