Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to use TIWFileUploader.CheckMimeType() in a non-IntraWeb application?
Hi,

as a security measure we are using TIWFileUploader.CheckMimeType() in one of our web applications for checking files uploaded for data import. Now I am making the data import available in another non-IntraWeb application (an API server). Even if this is not a web application, is there any way to include the relevant IW unit(s)/component(s) and perform the same check? Note: I see that the above is a class method, but does not take a file name parameter; instead it seems to get it's data from the web application somehow. We are currently using IW 15.1.15 in production.

Best regards

Magnus Oskarsson
Hi Magnus,

the way it is designed today won't allow you to use it outside the scope of an IntraWeb application. The best I can do is refactor it in a future release (when we break the binary compatibility at DCU level) to allow your code to call it passing a file name.
(11-12-2021, 07:34 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Magnus,

the way it is designed today won't allow you to use it outside the scope of an IntraWeb application. The best I can do is refactor it in a future release (when we break the binary compatibility at DCU level) to allow your code to call it passing a file name.

Thanks Alexandre, that would be nice!