Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delphi 10.4 - 11 Indy IMAP problem
Hi to all,
in my program i generate a report to a pdf file and sent it with email.
The email is sended via yahoo with my login usarname and password, after this email is moved to a selected yahoo mail box with imap4 component.

Due to new yahoo third app yahoo rules i had register this app with it's new authorization password.
Now both, smtp and imap4, component when i send this email must login with my username and app password (the same for smtp and imap4) but, while for smtp i have no problem and i continue send the email, i'm no more able to move the message because each time i try to connect with imap4 iget (always) the "connection closed gracefully" exception.

For SMTP (work)
SSl1: TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL

Username := MyUsername
 Password := Yahoo security app password

MaxLineAction = maSplit
 Port := 587
 Mode = sslmClient
 VerifyMode = []
 VerifyDepth = 0

object SMTP: TIdSMTP
    IOHandler = SSl1
    Port = 587
    SASLMechanisms = <>
    UseTLS = utUseExplicitTLS

For IMAP4 (Connection closed gracefully excelption)
SSl1: TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL

MaxLineAction = maSplit

Port := 993

Mode = sslmClient

VerifyMode = []

VerifyDepth = 0

IMAP4: TIdIMAP4
    IOHandler = SSl1
    UseTLS = utUseExplicitTLS
    SASLMechanisms = <>
    MilliSecsToWaitToClearBuffer = 10
    Port := 993

Thank's for your appreciate help !!!

Daniele
Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this thread until just now.

Offhand, your setup looks fine. It would help to see your actual code, though.

However, I will say that Yahoo's IMAP server is "finicky" at best. I use Thunderbird to access multiple Yahoo accounts via IMAP, and one of the accounts get disconnected all the time, even when just selecting between folders. But another account works just fine.

So, it is not just Indy that has problems with Yahoo's IMAP server. I don't think the server is very stable in general.

Thank' for reply ...
The problem is still present ...
As work araound i'm sending the email and, for further news, it does not move to selected folder.

Thank's again for your help.

Best regards
Daniele
(11-22-2021, 08:33 AM)Daniele64 Wrote: As work araound i'm sending the email and, for further news, it does not move to selected folder.

It is not supposed to. SMTP and IMAP are separate protocols. Most providers that offer both IMAP and SMTP will have a special folder set aside on the IMAP side for Sent emails, however if you intend to save sent emails in other folders, you will have to place them there yourself, such as with one of the TIdIMAP.AppendMsg...() methods.