Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWComboBox shows incorrect/unformatted text
Hello,

we have just installed version 15.2.39 and see that IWComboBox shows incorrect/unformatted text (see attachment).

Thanks for checking and fixing this!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The way to success is always under construction ... but i see a light at the end of the tunnel  Idea Big Grin
What exactly is incorrect? How do you build your combo box and add items to it?

I have precisely what I expect here. In this example, Item 1, 2 and 3 were added at design time, and Item 4 was added at runtime in an async event (with lots of space between "Item" and "4"). Everything works as it should.

We use this code for filling (identical in both versions):

AComboBox.Items.Clear;
AComboBox.ItemIndex:=-1;
AComboBox.ItemsHaveValues:=true;

Q.Open;
while not Q.Eof do begin
  AComboBox.ItemIndex:=AComboBox.Items.Add ( Q.FieldByName('ST').AsString + AComboBox.Items.NameValueSeparator + Q.FieldByName('ID').AsString);
  Q.Next;
end;
Q.Close;
T.Commit;

It works correctly with version 15.2.36 (see attachment)!

The way to success is always under construction ... but i see a light at the end of the tunnel  Idea Big Grin
I think I'll need a test case from you, because I can't identify any misbehavior in the IWComboBox

All my test cases work as expected. This is the same case as yours (ItemsHaveValues = True)

(10-14-2021, 09:10 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: I think I'll need a test case from you, because I can't identify any misbehavior in the IWComboBox

All my test cases work as expected. This is the same case as yours (ItemsHaveValues = True)

Hello Alexandre,

This will not be necessary because the problem no longer exists in version 15.2.40

Something seems to have been corrected ... what ever ...