Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info about side client
Question 
Hi, There is any way for obtain information about of client machine, for example IP client, Machine name client, etc?
The IP address is in the session object for the user. There is additional information there as well. I think machine names have been removed from HTTP headers for many years now because of security issues.
Question 
(10-08-2021, 10:53 PM)kudzu Wrote: The IP address is in the session object for the user. There is additional information there as well. I think machine names have been removed from HTTP headers for many years now because of security issues.

Thank you for this information, do you have any sample for get the name machine for side of the client?
"any sample for get the name machine for side of the client"

I dont believe it is possible any more because of security upgrades in the browser.
(10-09-2021, 08:46 PM)kudzu Wrote: "any sample for get the name machine for side of the client"

I dont believe it is possible any more because of security upgrades in the browser.

Perfect, thank you
(10-10-2021, 11:00 AM)yeioso Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 08:46 PM)kudzu Wrote: "any sample for get the name machine for side of the client"

Perfect, thank you

As Kudzu said, you can't do it that way.  But, sometimes it is important to ID by specific location anyway (particularly for audit/security reasons).

If you just want to identify a previously used station, you can drop a cookie (encrypt some ID in the body).  From then on you will know that particular machine/browser is being used.  It is not perfect, a different browser on the same machine won't see the cookie.

For internal company use, if you want to identify a specific machine, you can disallow access to your app until some "authorized" person accesses the app to identify the machine, at which point you can place the real machine ID in the cookie (as entered during authorization).   Then allow access to that (known) machine.

Dan
JavaScript doesn't have access to machine name on client side. You can get several other information (google for Javascript fingerprinting), but machine name is not one of them.