Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delphi and SAML 2.0
Hi,

I use delphi and IW 15...

I need to implemente the access to intraweb application with SAML 2.0 protocol.

Can you give me some suggestions to put me in the right direction ..

are there any libraries to use this protocol with Delphi and IW ?

thanks

Alessandro Romano
(10-06-2021, 02:38 PM)Hi,has anyone ever used IW with SAML 2 protocol?...staff@ergosoft.it Wrote: Hi,

I use delphi and IW 15...

I need to implemente the access to intraweb application with SAML 2.0 protocol.

Can you give me some suggestions to put me in the right direction ..

are there any libraries to use this protocol with Delphi and IW ?

thanks

Alessandro Romano
I asked our TeamZed, no one had any input regarding SAML.

You might be able to use IntraWeb as ISAPI and then use IIS support for SAML. I dont know anything about this, but found it in Google. IntraWeb can work with authentication schemes supported by IIS when deployed as ISAPI.

https://support.phenixid.se/sbs/step-by-...-services/
(10-16-2021, 01:55 AM)kudzu Wrote: I asked our TeamZed, no one had any input regarding SAML.

You might be able to use IntraWeb as ISAPI and then use IIS support for SAML. I dont know anything about this, but found it in Google. IntraWeb can work with authentication schemes supported by IIS when deployed as ISAPI.

https://support.phenixid.se/sbs/step-by-...-services/

Ok,

try it....

thanks
Hello,
are there any changes belonging to support of SAML? I'm using Intraweb 15 and a http.sys application and need(!) this for a customer.
Thanks in advance!
Peter
I require SAML integration for my intraweb application and I have come across a potential solution at https://getitnow.embarcadero.com/tag/SAML/
IW 15.2.70 will bring oAuth2 authentication using MS Azure servers. I just need some time to finish a few bits... And Google is next in our pipeline. We can possibly think about other integrations in the near future.

We believe that oAuth2 with Azure/Google is a great addition to IW core.
BTW, I'm not aware of any specific requirements that you may have, but I'd go with OpenID instead of SAML. SAML - although extensively used - is an older tech, based on complex XML processing and to be honest seems pretty outdated to me. OpenID is built on top of oAuth2, easily implemented and possibly that's something that we may implement in a near future as an IW add on.
(03-23-2023, 07:23 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: BTW, I'm not aware of any specific requirements that you may have, but I'd go with OpenID instead of SAML. SAML - although extensively used - is an older tech, based on complex XML processing and to be honest seems pretty outdated to me. OpenID is built on top of oAuth2, easily implemented and possibly that's something that we may implement in a near future as an IW add on.

Not speaking for Peter, but FYI a lot of app developers are fairly vertical... providing fairly specific solutions to narrow markets.  Often with large customers who have long established (aka old) infrastructure that is not optional.    We dealt for years with DOS then Windows solutions to mainframe (327x and friends) apps, even the PC environment a decade or so behind the market.  It's just how it is in some markets.

Web services have only moved that difference, not eliminated it.

Just an FYI on why many require some stuff that may not make $ense on the $urface.

Dan
Hi Dan, yes, you are right about corporations... We need to use what our customers want to use, that's the reality.

What I'm saying here is that, if you have any power to decide or at least influence the decision, go for OpenID (as long as it fulfills the requirements). It's good to notice that OpenID is a good way to prove that John Doe is actually John Doe but it does not say what John Doe can or cannot do. If you need this kind of control, definitely SAML is the way to go.