Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iw video usage
Hello, 
have you basic examples code for play local mp4 video,
With I video components?
Thank a lot,
Best Regards
Your question is too vague. Play local to who?
hello,

i have an standalone application,
my video is in the folder wwwroot,
is mp4 video,
and when i connect to my intraweb link,
impossible to found video and read,
i am in last intraweb version.
use edge, firefox .
it's same.
have any sample for undurstand why ?

thank's lot
best regards
I used the Guess demo.

1) I made a wwwroot folder.
2) I put a file video.mpr in the wwwroot folder.
3) I can access it fine using: http://127.0.0.1:43967/video.mp4
Have you any idea, for knowing why he doesn't found videos

Can post your test source?

In fact I can 't found vidéo, when I select, in
I server controller the option uniqueUrl, but if I don' t select them, I can connect on the website only one time,
The second time, I have 404 errors.
Any ideas?
Best Regards
(12-08-2020, 05:25 PM)softdev85 Wrote: Have you any idea, for knowing why he doesn't found videos

Hmm...
So Chad's source would simply be the guess demo - he wouldn't have written any code for accessing the video. What he did was show you the link that accesses the file. Is that what you're trying to do?  Or are you trying to create a link in the IW application to the file? Or something else?

Do you have an app that's already running and working, other than accessing the video?

Pete

(12-08-2020, 05:25 PM)softdev85 Wrote: Have you any idea, for knowing why he doesn't found videos

In fact I can 't found vidéo, when I select, in
I server controller the option uniqueUrl, but if I don' t select them, I can connect on the website only one time,
The second time, I have 404 errors.
Any ideas?
Best Regards

Sounds like this is a new app.  If so, and if it's simple, can you zip it and upload?  I'll have a look.
hello,
yes 127.0.0.1:3015/Z2k2bsTlLNksj3zbKq~oDiEjoEa/video.mp4 work well thank's

but how i i creat this link by source code ?

best regards
Does 127.0.0.1:3015/video.mp4

Without the session work for you?
I usually use Application.SendFile(). This is because it let's me build, find or otherwise prepare the file for download at that moment rather than having it already in place. Using SendFile() you can use any control that you can attach an event to. For example, a TIWButton or a TIWLink. Create an event handler for the click and inside the event handler, use the Application.SendFile() function. Note that SendFile() can send a file from anywhere, not just from the wwwroot folder.

Alternatively, you can use TIWURL and set its URL property to the folder with the file in it.

IW also has the ability to manage temp files, but I don't recommend that for videos because it will copy the file to a temp folder which is a costly operation.
hello,
thank's for your help
is ready now,
and yes i use session

thank's a lot
best regards