Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
access violation using Indy 10 on Raspberry PI
I still have trouble using Indy 10 cross compiling on Lazarus.
The mini project below

program testProject;
uses IdGlobal;
begin
  writeln('Blah');
end.

compiles and links fine for targets Windows, Linux 64 bits and Linux on ArmV7.
The executables run fine on Win64 and Linux Ubuntu but on the Raspberry Pi I get
An unhandled exception occurred at $00010D40:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
  $00010D40
Running with sudo does not help.

If I remove the line: uses IdGlobal and recompile and link, the executable runs without problems on the Raspberry Pi.

If I only add IdGlobal in the project inspector in Lazarus and remove the line 'uses IdGlobal', the executable runs without problems on the Raspberry Pi.

I did not install Indy 10 in Lazarus. I use the units directly.

I wonder whether this a problem with the compiler, fpcUpdeluxe or Indy 10.
Is it possible to run Indy 10 on the Raspberry PI?

Greetings,
Kees
(11-26-2020, 07:12 PM)KeesBl Wrote: I still have trouble using Indy 10 cross compiling on Lazarus.

I don't use FreePascal/Lazarus, so I can't help you with problems that are specific to that compiler/IDE.

(11-26-2020, 07:12 PM)KeesBl Wrote: on the Raspberry Pi I get
An unhandled exception occurred at $00010D40:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
  $00010D40

You are just going to have to debug the code at runtime and find out what is actually crashing and why. What code is actually running at address $00010D40? Is that Indy code, or FreePascal code? Does the AV happen at program startup before your test code is executed? Inside of your test code? After your code exits? Please be more specific.

(11-26-2020, 07:12 PM)KeesBl Wrote: I did not install Indy 10 in Lazarus. I use the units directly.

Why?

(11-26-2020, 07:12 PM)KeesBl Wrote: I wonder whether this a problem with the compiler, fpcUpdeluxe or Indy 10.

Sorry, I can't answer that.

(11-26-2020, 07:12 PM)KeesBl Wrote: Is it possible to run Indy 10 on the Raspberry PI?

Sorry, I can't answer that. Non-Windows platforms are beyond my expertise. I don't do any cross-platform development in my own projects, and my cross-platform experience is limited to only what RADStudio supports in FireMonkey. Most of Indy's cross-platform code outside of FireMonkey was contributed by the FPC community.