Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with IWDBGrid Async refresh
(07-21-2020, 11:15 AM)Comograma Wrote: Ok, this was very painfull but here it goes. Has I said, my test case works great with v15.2.0 and since that until v15.2.6, it doesn't work has expected.
There are images, js and css attached.
Obrigado Alexandre ?

I'll have a look and let you know if there is some possible workaround or if it needs another IWGrid fix... hopefully not.

Just want to make clear that the changes that broke the grid for a few releases are part of a major push that now allows users to create a new grid in async events, fully functional. Sometimes it is hard to make an omelette without breaking the eggs...

De nada Big Grin
Nice test case. Thanks for that.

Not even in a hundred years I would be able to match that scenario doing that myself....

I was able to recreate the issue and I'm working on it. I'll keep you posted.
Hi Comograma,

After playing with it (a lot) I found out that the problem is happening because in IW 15.2.x the style rendering actually works better, i.e. it respects the user settings. So, all you need to do in order to have your grid as before is just setting:

IWDBGrid1.StyleRenderOptions.RenderSize := False;

That's it, and it will render just like before.

You can possibly disable other style settings too, but RenderSize alone is enough for you to have the same style.

Please let me know how it goes
For even best results, please update to 15.2.8.

It generates a slightly better response when rendering in async

https://www.atozed.com/2020/07/intraweb-15-2-8/
(07-23-2020, 11:30 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: For even best results, please update to 15.2.8.

It generates a slightly better response when rendering in async

https://www.atozed.com/2020/07/intraweb-15-2-8/
In the first place, thanks a lot Alexandre.
The IWDBGrid1.StyleRenderOptions.RenderSize := False;, like you said, work like expected and like before. Far from discover myself that it was so simple.
But now, with v15.2.8, I get an AV when the browser, any browser, loads the main page.
This is bad.
I atached a pdf with that error. Maybe you can help me. With v15.2.7 works ok.

Attached Files
.pdf   Error.pdf (Size: 110.33 KB / Downloads: 17)
There is absolutely no change in Delphi code from 15.2.7 from 15.2.8 which can justify an AV. Something is fishy
You don't have debug information in your application which causes your call stack to be useless.

Review this document and change your project accordingly, so you will have a usable call stack:

http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/developm...ogger.html
(07-24-2020, 03:47 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: You don't have debug information in your application which causes your call stack to be useless.

Review this document and change your project accordingly, so you will have a usable call stack:

http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/developm...ogger.html
Ok, I'll try that and see if I can see what's happening.
With v15.2.9 another error, a different error happens:
  404 - Not found
  Resource not found in Comograma_Comogest_FAC_BO2Web_Application
  In order to go back to the previous page, please click the link below:

Click here to go back

If this condition persists, please report it to the administrator.

Downgraded to v12.5.7 and all good!! Don't get upset with me Alexandre, but it is strange that the exact same code do not function with v15.2.8 and v15.2.9 and works with v15.2.7. Nothing changed.
I attatched the a new pdf with the stack trace.

Attached Files
.pdf   Error.pdf (Size: 117.5 KB / Downloads: 4)
Ok, the error that it was given me with v15.2.8 was because of this line where I was loading an PNG image:

LogoComograma.Picture.LoadFromFile(UserSession.ImagemInicial);

ImagemInicial is a variable where I loading with the image path and name. This was always present in my code. With version v15.2.7 it is ok.

I again Alexandre.

Something with Intraweb code regarding ASync refresh had a big change because too many things are broken and this is bad.
All my application was working and now it is not.
Even a code for pagination of a IWGrid was working since like ever and now it's not working, nothing happens when hitting the page buttons.
Also, after a IWDBgrid ASync refresh, when I press a TIWBSbutton to open another form, nothing happens, but before refreshing that IWDBGrid, it open that form.
Also clicking on a TIWCombobox to change the number of items per page on that IWDBGrid, doesn't do nothing, doesn't refresh.

Everything is broken. I had an application that was working great and now it is not. I don't change a line of code in months, so it is not because of my code. Something with the Intraweb core for sure.

Regarding v15.2.8 error:
If I change
LogoComograma.Picture.LoadFromFile(UserSession.ImagemInicial);
to
LogoComograma.ImageFile := UserSession.ImagemInicial

everything is ok
That's OK.

I'm removing 15.2.8 and 15.2.9. Seems that the build is broken somehow. I'm running a regression test in new IW 15.2.10 which is working correctly.

I'll let you know when it is OK