Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing databasefields
Hi,

I am using Delphi 10.3.3 and Intraweb Ultimate 15.1.16

As far as I know, when using an IWDBEdit, you cannot edit the field as long as the DataSource is not in editmode.
I have some IWDBEdit components on my form. When I open the Dataset, I can edit the contents of any IWDBEdit on my form, and when going to the next record, these changes are stored in the database.

Even if I use an IWDBNavigator, without putting the DataSource in editmode, I can change content in IWDBEdits, which is then stored in the database without pushing the "Post" in the Navigator.

Am I assuming something that isn't there, or is this a real issue?

Regards, Paul
(03-11-2020, 09:35 AM)PaulWeem Wrote: Hi,

I am using Delphi 10.3.3 and Intraweb Ultimate 15.1.16

As far as I know, when using an IWDBEdit, you cannot edit the field as long as the DataSource is not in editmode.
I have some IWDBEdit components on my form. When I open the Dataset, I can edit the contents of any IWDBEdit on my form, and when going to the next record, these changes are stored in the database.

Even if I use an IWDBNavigator, without putting the DataSource in editmode, I can change content in IWDBEdits, which is then stored in the database without pushing the "Post" in the Navigator.

Am I assuming something that isn't there, or is this a real issue?

Regards, Paul

Update:

It seems IWDBEdits "think" a Dataset is in editmode.
When I add "Dataset.edit;" and "Dataset.Cancel;" after opening the Dataset, everything works as expected.

I verified this workaround on your FishFact demo, as this behaviour was reproducable in this demo.

Regards, Paul