Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting "Invalid page context" exceptions after upgrade to 15.1.12
Great Alexandre, thanks! Let me know if you want me to test a beta or RC. As mentioned above, I would need it to be binary compatible with 15.1.12 in order to be able to build it.

/Magnus
Binary compatibility is very hard to maintain in Delphi because of how it compiles and links. While we strive to do so, we cannot guarantee it moving forward as locking down binary compatibility is way harder than source compatibility. Requiring binary compatibility will cripple even bug fixes in many cases for IntraWeb.

Are you not able to compile CG controls from source?
Thanks for your feedback Kudzu. Still, if it was possible like for IW 15.1.13 and 15.1.14 it would be great. We cannot build CGDevTools from source at the moment I am afraid, we tried to set it up fairly recently but it was non-trivial and we run into problems we could not solve on our own. It will probably require consulting from CGDevTools, but that it is hard to get at the moment as the company unfortunately currently seems to have other priorities than the jQuery UI/Mobile packages for IntraWeb. In light of this it is definitely our goal to set up the components with source code, but with many pressing matters and the current support situation it will be difficult to do so in the nearest future.

Best regards

Magnus Oskarsson
IW 17 has been a long road. But we are in fact really close now even with the designer delays (we moved it up from 17.1 but its added several months to the release date). 17 includes many 3P grids and more "out of the box"
Hi Alexandre and thanks for the fix! I have installed 15.1.15, verified that it solved the two reproducible cases I mentioned first, and already patched our production environment. The flow of error logs from our maintenance systems regarding "Invalid page context" seems to have stopped (although it is perhaps a bit early to draw final conclusions), except for one case which is the one described in one post above where you get two simultaneous sessions for the same user agent and IP for our mobile web application. This is not reproducible for me. I will look into this case a bit more and let you know if I find some useful information. But the for most parts the error seems fixed, so thanks again for that!
Hi. Just wanted to update you on this issue. The flow of error logs has much decreased, but has not vanished. It still comes a few, from different web applications and from different forms. I have not yet seen any patterns or reproducible cases. I tried repeating the issue I mentioned in the last post using a bunch of different mobile browsers on BrowserStack, but encountered no problems. So to summarize what I know now: the issue still exists, but is now much more rare.

Best regards

Magnus Oskarsson
That's strange. I'm not saying that it won't happen because browsers do lots of bizarre things...

Have you discarded any possibility of users hitting the back button (yes, even with all workarounds it is possible), or copying & pasting invalid/old URLs which are using local cached versions of the pages?
Hi Alexandre and thanks for your reply. I have not ruled out anything really at this point. So far the only reports are from our maintenance error/warning logs. If we can connect one of them to a user error report or find a reproducible case it would be a different story. I'll let you know if I get some more useful information on this.

/Magnus