Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change the value on the fly?
Hello,

Is there a way? If when done use the command JavaScript (may be calling a JS function or changing a variable in JS) with Dephi and let that command run. without having to wait for the end of that Event

I would like to expand on the above message as follows. :

Because of that from which I tested for example
Inside the event of IWBTN1AsyncClick
I have a loop, or a Delphi subcommand loop, to do something. And in the meantime I want to change JS variable values or call JS functions with Delphi.
Let me give you a simple example:

Code:
for I := 0 to 100 do
begin
  for J:= 0 to 10000000 do
  //--DO something
  begin
  end;
  //-- Call JS function to update progress value :
  WebApplication.CallBackResponse.AddJavaScriptToExecute('UpdateProgress("Processing..", "' + I.tostring +'");');
  // WebApplication.ExecuteJS('UpdateProgress("Processing..", "' + I.tostring +'");');
  // AddToInitProc('UpdateProgress("Processing..", "' + I.tostring +'");');
  // IWBTN1.AddJavaScriptToExecute('UpdateProgress("Processing..", "' + I.tostring +'");');

//-- or Maybe Update JS value :
  WebApplication.CallBackResponse.AddJavaScriptToExecute('MyPlVar = ' + I.tostring + ';');
  // WebApplication.ExecuteJS('MyPlVar = ' + I.tostring + ';');
  // AddToInitProc('MyPlVar = ' + I.tostring + ';');
end;

Or to give a clearer example, let's say I have a JS Plugins to display the Cricle Pregress Loader and show the value as a percentage. while some operations are in progress This will prevent the user from clicking anywhere and knowing that the process is in progress.

But the result is not what I want.
That is, the value that I want to change or the function that I want to call. It wasn't immediately called. But only to be called at the end of the event of IWBTN1 being clicked.

Please suggest me what should I do or use.

Thank you  Huh
There is a way of obtaining this result but the process can't be done in a blocking request (i.e. a request that won't return until the process is finished). In this regard, even an async request is a blocking request from the server point of view.

You need to start a background thread on the server side that will handle the long process. The thread should update a progress counter that is read by the TIWMonitor that can update the page. There is an example of such thing here:

https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...IWMonitor2

I'll see if I write a better example on how to deal with long processes using the IWMonitor class
(05-18-2023, 11:35 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: There is a way of obtaining this result but the process can't be done in a blocking request (i.e. a request that won't return until the process is finished). In this regard, even an async request is a blocking request from the server point of view.

You need to start a background thread on the server side that will handle the long process. The thread should update a progress counter that is read by the TIWMonitor that can update the page. There is an example of such thing here:

https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...IWMonitor2

I'll see if I write a better example on how to deal with long processes using the IWMonitor class

Thanks Alexandre,

I have attended the sample as you suggested.
But still can't see how to apply it to my case.

I don't know if you can provide a short code example.
Or if there is an opportunity and you find it appropriate, please bring an example to apply this to my case or similar.

Initially, I would have to use LockOnAsynEvent property first.

Thank you very much
Hi Baxing,

I'm working on a new example that will probably work for you. I'll see if I can finish it by tomorrow.

Also, while working on it I found few things that could be extended in IntraWeb core and also some components that I think would be handy for this case and similar. Possibly I'll release an update containing some stuff. Hopefully you are using the latest version...
Hi Alexandre,

That is very good news for me. 
Thank you for taking the time to do this and I hope it will be helpful to others as well.  Smile