Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embarcadero Squirrel on Vacation Again
Maybe a new record! No spam on the Emb forums (fora?) for over two months now!

Dan <documenting the positives>
Since they still have issues.. how do we get people to consider the Delphi forums we put here:
https://www.atozed.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10
(07-12-2018, 04:21 AM)DanBarclay Wrote: Maybe a new record!  No spam on the Emb forums (fora?) for over two months now!

That is because the old "forum.embarcadero.com" forum is read-only, and the new "community.embarcadero.com" forum is HEAVILY moderated (users have to be approved 100 times before moderation is lifted!). Makes it hard for spam to get though, but at the risk of slowing everybody down.

(07-12-2018, 05:14 PM)rlebeau Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 04:21 AM)DanBarclay Wrote: Maybe a new record!  No spam on the Emb forums (fora?) for over two months now!

That is because the old "forum.embarcadero.com" forum is read-only, and the new "community.embarcadero.com" forum is HEAVILY moderated (users have to be approved 100 times before moderation is lifted!).  Makes it hard for spam to get though, but at the risk of slowing everybody down.

Yes, because the old forums are locked down.  I'm just pointing out the positive of being locked down.  <lol>.

As to the "community" forums, they are awful for support.  I enumerated a number of the issues a year or two ago (or whenever the last major forum outage occurred).   I left that info on messages in the community forum, as well as trying to message some emb folks.  That place appears hopeless to me, it's painful enough that it's not a place I frequent.

The "community" forums seem to be aimed more at announcements and chitchat, rather than treading and researching problem solutions.  The are probably good for the former, they stink for the later.

Dan