Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alignment problem after upgrade to .20 today
I just updated my IW to .20 today.  I didn't update to .19 first, just straight to .20.

My main login form includes a TIWImageFile that is aligned to center on its region.  It displays properly initially.  However, when I issue an unrelated ASYNC call, the image moves to it's pre-aligned (wrong) position. When I refresh the browser, it centers properly again. 

I can create a demo if necessary if you don't see this in another app.   But I'm frying bigger fish right now and would prefer not to Rolleyes .

Thanks,
Pete

Occurs in Chrome and FF
Windows 10
IW 15.0.20 (prior working version was from Dec 14)
Tokyo 10.2
Hi Pete,

A demo definitely would help. I'm not exactly sure what was the pre-aligned position of the image file... wasn't it center aligned at design time?
(04-04-2019, 07:41 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Pete,

A demo definitely would help. I'm not exactly sure what was the pre-aligned position of the image file... wasn't it center aligned at design time?

Hi Alex,
So I created a demo.  Of course it worked -  so I'm digging deeper.

I was incorrect about the align property. it's none, and I set the location explicitly. I calculate the position of the image file at runtime in an ASYNC event handler responding to a listbox selection.  During my testing yesterday I noted that just after the ASYNC code finished, the image's "position" attribute went from "absolute" to "absolute".  (it became disabled) So, left and top attributes are correct, but that position attribute being disabled causes the control to drop back to 0,0 or something.  If I use the browser debug mode to change it back to "absolute" the button returns to its proper location. 

(see attachment)

I've got a similar new occurrence of a bad property after async where visible gets set to false.  But I'll post that in another thread. Feels related.

Again - occurs in all browsers.  Never occurred before .20.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Pete

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Preparing to revert. Can't spend more time trying to fix / reproduce in test. surprising no one else has experienced this.
(04-08-2019, 05:01 PM)pete@pdmagic.com Wrote: Preparing to revert.  Can't spend more time trying to fix / reproduce in test. surprising no one else has experienced this.

Hi Pete,

if absolute is becoming disabled it means that probably the element has another style. Can you tell me is contained within other containers? I think this is the key to understand it.