Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't load package dclIndyCore120.bpl
Hi all,

on the installation on the dclIndyCore120.bpl, I get the following error message:

bds.exe - Entry Point Not Found
---------------------------
The procedure entry point @Idstack@TIdStackLocalAddressList@GetAddress$qqri could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\6.0\Bpl\dclIndyCore120.bpl.

Note1: I successfully compiled all the required run-time and design-time package, and in the right order
Note2: I checked that no other dclIndyCore120.bpl library was already installed on the PC:
cmd run "where dclIndyCore120.bpl" gives me the path where the bpl has been sent by Note1
Note3: this problem occurs with Delphi2009 +Windows10

Thanks for your help
(03-12-2019, 04:43 PM)didier.cabale Wrote: Note2: I checked that no other dclIndyCore120.bpl library was already installed on the PC:

But, did you also remove all of the Indy source files that were pre-installed with the IDE? Please read the installation instructions, in particular the paragraph about "If Indy 10 is already installed, it needs to be uninstalled first". It is not enough to just remove the pre-installed binaries, you have to remove the source code, too. The TIdStackLocalAddressList.GetAddress() method definitely exists in the latest version of Indy, but the TIdStackLocalAddressList class itself DID NOT exist yet in the version of Indy that shipped with Delphi 2009. So it sounds like when you compiled Indy, it compiled with the old version of IdStack.pas instead of the latest.

(03-12-2019, 05:43 PM)rlebeau Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 04:43 PM)didier.cabale Wrote: Note2: I checked that no other dclIndyCore120.bpl library was already installed on the PC:

But, did you also remove all of the Indy source files that were pre-installed with the IDE?  Please read the installation instructions, in particular the paragraph about "If Indy 10 is already installed, it needs to be uninstalled first".  It is not enough to just remove the pre-installed binaries, you have to remove the source code, too.  The TIdStackLocalAddressList.GetAddress() method definitely exists in the latest version of Indy, but the TIdStackLocalAddressList class itself DID NOT exist yet in the version of Indy that shipped with Delphi 2009.  So it sounds like when you compiled Indy, it compiled with the old version of IdStack.pas instead of the latest.

Hi Remy
1. Thanks for your quick reply
2. when I went out of the office, that's just what I thought: I should also remove the .dcp that are inside the Delphi %ProgramFiles% \bin or \lib.
-> I will check this asap
3. coming back at work this morning: there were some Indy *.bpl (not *.dcp) in the %ProgramFiles%\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib.

May I say that this is quite confusing, as the Indy files are expected to be found only in the Indy10 folder found in %ProgramFiles%\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0, and not also in %ProgramFiles%\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib.
Does this make sense?