Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISAPI DLL deployment files needed
I have tried everything that I have found for resources and there is no way to reference directly which is my issue. I have even tried myurl/mydll.dll direct but IIS does not like it and the server tries to download the dll file. How do I reference the DLL external and what needs to be in the web.config file to manage it?

Thank you for your suggestion on Http.sys. This looks like the same as the standalone server option I have now and would not be able to be used with a specific URL since this would be added as a service off of the localhost of the server. This may be better than the standalone method I am having issues with ports maybe though that I can look into on that front. These are OK with this since I am hopefully able to have serverIP:port rather than localhost which is another issue I am having on another front.

So basically, the web traffic is going to subdomain.domain.com in this particular situation and then I want the DLL to load. I have many domains hosted on this sever and my network folks said I cannot redirect traffic that goes to this domain to the standalone server. Http.sys is a new concept for me so maybe I am misunderstanding you though. The way it was explained to me by the network admin is that we cannot redirect.

Cheers.
bob

Messages In This Thread
ISAPI DLL deployment files needed - by bob9999 - 12-07-2018, 06:16 PM
RE: ISAPI DLL deployment files needed - by bob9999 - 12-08-2018, 12:08 AM
RE: ISAPI DLL deployment files needed - by joel - 12-15-2018, 01:58 PM