Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centralized session management
Hello,

Is there is a way in IW to setup a cluster that when a session is opennedcan be used by any server in the IW cluster?

The main reason behind this question is the complexity behind setting up a load balancer with sticky sessions.

I'm using IW 14.2.7 with D XE5 as ISAPI

Thank you

Mohamed
Going stateless will drastically increase your backend network and CPU usage.

"sticky" load balancing is very easy to do. The easiest is simply load balance on start of session and redirect to a specific server or IP during that time. The new IP or host name then provides the "glue" to keep the user on that server.

In very high load scenarios, you can make a second level of separation and load balance that as well reducing the need to load balance the IW part.
(11-13-2018, 01:47 PM)kudzu Wrote: Going stateless will drastically increase your backend network and CPU usage.
Thank you Kudzu for the advice. Can you please advise how i can setup ISAPI IW app to be stateless?

I just want to explore this route and see if it can help us.
Generally since we removed Page Mode (since almost noone used it) you cant. What you can do is separate your UI and BL. IW does UI, and your BL and heavy lifting go into REST or other servers. Browser calls IW which only renders a UI, IW calls a load balanced tier of REST or other servers to generate the data that ends up in the UI.