Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast forward audio with IWAudio Component
Hello guys.

What should I make to be able to fast forward audio or video files using intraweb ? I'm using Central Guest components as well with the same behavior. O ask them and they told me that it's a server feature called "206 partial content" that is not been generated by the server to the browser.

How can I configure this on intraweb ?
You would need to serve the audio and video data from IIS or Apache which support this feature and then link to that from your IW app.
Ok But if I'm using stand alone server ? How can I do this ?
SA servers do not implement every (especially optional) HTTP commands. Without looking Im quite certain it does not support what you ask.

You will need to deploy on IIS, have a companion IIS server to serve the audio files, or extend SA yourself which would not be trivial.
(11-14-2018, 02:53 AM)kudzu Wrote: SA servers do not implement every (especially optional) HTTP commands. Without looking Im quite certain it does not support what you ask.

You will need to deploy on IIS, have a companion IIS server to serve the audio files, or extend SA yourself which would not be trivial.

I have noticed that if I play the same file two times, on the second time I can advance with no problem. I believe that is because the file is already on browser's cache. So, I have a question. Can I "pre-cache" a file before allow the user to play it ?
You could fetch it manually using JS in your IW app to cause it to be cached.
(11-14-2018, 02:40 PM)kudzu Wrote: You could fetch it manually using JS in your IW app to cause it to be cached.

How can I do that ? How can I force the audio to be cached before show it to the user using JS ?
It would need some testing, but I would start with simple HS that does an HTTP fetch on the resource. Then it should be cached by the browser so when the audio component references it, it will pull it from the cache rather than download it.
I have tried that. It simply does not work. The same HTML/JS works fine outside IW.
If "the same" works outside, then its not the same. IntraWeb is just standard HTML/JS in the end.

Use view source or better yet the DOM explorer in Chrome and verify that:

1) The JS is loading the audio resource before IWAudio does and that the URL you are using is not marking it as non cacheable.

2) Check your cache, and make sure its there.

3) Check that the URL IWAudio is using is identical to the preloaded one *including* case.