Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIdHTTP and XML integration (API)
(10-03-2018, 04:25 AM)rlebeau Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 02:04 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: Effective October 1, 2018 we will no longer accept any HTTP requests via XML Integration, also known as API. We will only accept HTTPS requests.

You are already using HTTPS.

(10-03-2018, 02:04 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: Among our recent updates is the requirement of Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 communication with our servers, as the latest security guidelines recommend.

This is the likely culprit.

By default, TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL enables only TLS 1.0.  You can use its SSLOptions.SSLVersions property to enable TLS 1.2 instead. That falls under the "configure SSL options as needed" comment in the code you currently have.

Also, make sure you are using up-to-date versions of Indy (at least 10.6.2.5360) and OpenSSL (1.0.2) to support TLS 1.2.  In particular, many TLS 1.2 web servers require the TLS SNI extension be used during the TLS handshake. Prior to 10.6.2.5321, Indy did not enable that TLS extension yet (a bug fix for SNI through a proxy was made in 10.6.2.5360).

OK.  Thanks for this info.  I do not have the latest versions of Indy.  How do I go about upgrading to the latest version?

I do not know how to determine the OpenSSL version.  Embarassingly, I do not know how to determine if OpenSSL is installed.  Can you tell me how to determine which version I'm using and how to update it if needed?

I really appreciate your help.

Randall H. Carpenter

Messages In This Thread
RE: TIdHTTP and XML integration (API) - by rhcarpenter - 10-03-2018, 09:03 PM