Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migrate from 14 to 15 -- Broken
I just updated from IW 14 to 15.0.12, and after recompiling my big app and trying to run as SA -- I can't access the app at all. Clicking the Firefox button I get:

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Issue #2

When I deployed on my real server, my Logon button (from a template) stopped working altogether.

Any ideas?

Loren
There were performance improvements made to the zlib library. We haven't had any reports of problems but I will have this looked into.
There were performance improvements made to the zlib library. We haven't had any reports of problems but I will have this looked into. Also see this thread:

https://www.atozed.com/forums/showthread...04#pid1604
(09-19-2018, 03:02 PM)kudzu Wrote: There were performance improvements made to the zlib library. We haven't had any reports of problems but I will have this looked into.

Thank you for your reply. In Chrome I got the following error: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED.

I was using IW 14.1.8 and I upgraded to 15.0.12. I also upgraded my TMS IW components to the absolute latest, just to make sure there wouldn't be any problems.

After reading your post, I tried turning off Compression altogether, and my app started working again.

After reading your link -- I tried turning Compression back on, but turning off AllowDeflate. This resulted in complete failure again.

So it appears that I cannot use Compression at all.

However -- I started a new test IW SA app in 15.0.12 and it worked fine.

Hope this helps
Hello,

which Delphi IDE is this? Also, are you using x64 or x86?

We have extensively tested the new zlib (it has been used for months now) and this is the first report related to this.
(09-19-2018, 09:52 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hello,

which Delphi IDE is this? Also, are you using x64 or x86?

We have extensively tested the new zlib (it has been used for months now) and this is the first report related to this.

Delphi 10 Seattle, 64-bit

It's odd -- when I start a new project -- it works fine. I keep the default Compression settings and it's fine. It's just this one large app that started life as IW 14
Hum... I see...

A similar case happened during development (although not exactly the same) if the wrong zlib object files (.obj in x86 or .o in x64) were linked with the executable.

Can you double check if your old IW 14 path is not available when building this project? I suggest you rename it to something else so it can't be accessed by the compiler. Then do a full build, clear the browser cache and try again?
(09-19-2018, 10:36 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hum... I see...

A similar case happened during development (although not exactly the same) if the wrong zlib object files (.obj in x86 or .o in x64) were linked with the executable.

Can you double check if your old IW 14 path is not available when building this project? I suggest you rename it to something else so it can't be accessed by the compiler. Then do a full build, clear the browser cache and try again?

I renamed the old IW14 folder just in case something could see it. I did a full build, cleared my browser cache and then ran it. Same error. I even tried running it in a browser that I never use to run my IW apps, and it wouldn't work there either. So, no go with Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

But one thing against it being an IW14 path issue -- is that there are no problems with new applications created in IW 15.

It looks like I might have to start a new project, and then add in the 200 units, in order to make it work.

But I really want to understand what is going on.
(09-19-2018, 11:01 PM)LorenSzendre Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 10:36 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hum... I see...

I renamed the old IW14 folder just in case something could see it. I did a full build, cleared my browser cache and then ran it. Same error. I even tried running it in a browser that I never use to run my IW apps, and it wouldn't work there either. So, no go with Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

But one thing against it being an IW14 path issue -- is that there are no problems with new applications created in IW 15.

It looks like I might have to start a new project, and then add in the 200 units, in order to make it work.

But I really want to understand what is going on.

You might try manually deleting all of your .dcu files or run a clean.  Then do a build all and see if that helps.
Actually you don't need to create a new project. Just rename your dproj file to something else and open your .DPR project again. Delphi will create a new dproj file and you can test it. Not sure if I understand what is happening either.
I'll try to recreate this here and let you know