Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Application] GetCosmos
Information 
Hello Everyone!

I have created an application that installs the latest version of Cosmos directly from GitHub, I only created this application just for fun as I wanted to help out the community. I will not be working on this project anymore, but please credit me when editing the code (ex. "Original Source Code by ADJ"). I hope this is necessary to the community. Thank You!
  • Included Source Code (C#)
  • Supporting Windows 7 and above (Windows 7 Support has been added)
  • Easy to use
Steps to install:
  1. Open the zip file that you have downloaded.
  2. Double-click on GetCosmos.exe to launch the application.
  3. Type install.
  4. Press Enter on your keyboard.
Steps to fetch:
  1. Open the zip file that you have downloaded.
  2. Double-click on GetCosmos.exe to launch the application.
  3. Type fetch and enter the directory with quotes. (ex. "fetch "D:\Projects\CosmosOS"")
  4. Press Enter on your keyboard.
Note : This current forum account is using my secondary email, I will not reply to any emails or private messages that you have sent to me.

Download : 
.zip   
GetCosmos.zip (Size: 77.39 KB / Downloads: 23) .
Thank you for the excellent work on this application Smile It sure will come in handy for Cosmos users, both new and old.

Cosmos targets .NET Core which is good for when we support other host development platforms like Linux and macOS, so targeting .NET Core will be the first step to do. We'll also add features like the choice to install the latest devkit or the userkit, and we will be sure to credit your work with your name.

Are there dependencies used which is why it doesn't work with Windows 7? If we can eliminate the need for those that'll make it easier building it for other platforms.

Thank you!
Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
- His Holiness The 14th Dalai Lama

Find me on GitHub at https://github.com/Arawn-Davies
Quote:Cosmos targets .NET Core which is good for when we support other host development platforms like Linux and macOS
  • For now, this application is supporting Windows.
  • The dependencies used are compatible with .NET Core 2.0
Quote:We'll also add features like the choice to install the latest devkit or the userkit.
  • You can follow the code that I have written in Install.cs if you have any problems.
Quote:Are there dependencies used which is why it doesn't work with Windows 7? If we can eliminate the need for those that'll make it easier building it for other platforms.
  • I haven't tested it yet, so it's not confirmed. (Now Confirmed)
  • I didn't added any foreign libraries.
Thank you for your support!
Just one last thing, do you have a specific licence you wish to release this as? We're fond of the BSD-3-Clause Revised licence used in Cosmos as it's not viral like GPL licences, but it's up to you Smile
Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
- His Holiness The 14th Dalai Lama

Find me on GitHub at https://github.com/Arawn-Davies
Quote:do you have a specific licence you wish to release this as?
  • I don't have a license for my application as it is a small project, you can license it with your own.
  • If you don't want to license my application, I use MIT License for my project.