Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWModalWindow to point to HTTPS?
Using Registered Ultimate Intraweb 14.2.7 with Tokyo update 2.

I need usage of a TIWModalWindow to point to HTTPS URL ... 

In my case, to google translate site. 

https://translate.google.com/?tl=iw#iw/e...6%B8%D7%94

If i use this or really ANY HTTPS url, nothing comes up in the TIWModalWindow , it is blank.

If I point to any HTTP:// url, it works fine.

Did some Google searching, but didn't find an answer.

For now I am pointing to http://www.morfix.co.il   to handle my translations, but its full of ads and junk.
Just to make sure that I understand your issue here. Your application runs in one URL which doesn't use HTTPS, and you want to point the content of IWModalWindow to another URL which uses HTTPS?
(03-26-2018, 10:03 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Just to make sure that I understand your issue here. Your application runs in one URL which doesn't use HTTPS, and you want to point the content of IWModalWindow to another URL which uses HTTPS?

Correct.  I can move to HTTPS if that is required, but I am sure I found a post about this same issue on EMB forum where you had said going from HTTP driven site like I am currently, to a HTTPS site should not be an issue as it was the browser doing the work to communicate.
Any idea on this? If answer is to run the Stand Alone Server app as HTTPS, I guess that is it... I have to get a cert generated... but still not 100% sure this should be an issue but I am probably wrong Smile
(04-03-2018, 03:25 AM)cpstevenc Wrote: Any idea on this? If answer is to run the Stand Alone Server app as HTTPS, I guess that is it... I have to get a cert generated... but still not 100% sure this should be an issue but I am probably wrong Smile

If i were you, i would try IWRegion having IWText, with RAW code using IFrame to your destination URL.

Mohamed
(04-03-2018, 04:40 AM)mhammady Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 03:25 AM)cpstevenc Wrote: Any idea on this? If answer is to run the Stand Alone Server app as HTTPS, I guess that is it... I have to get a cert generated... but still not 100% sure this should be an issue but I am probably wrong Smile

If i were you, i would try IWRegion having IWText, with RAW code using IFrame to your destination URL.

Mohamed

Hmmmm I give that a whirl ... I did something of the sorts 6-7 years ago for a project. Just was a static region so wasn't movable. 

For now I have it so it just calls a webapplication.newWindow call to kick of the HTTPS link. Gotta enable popups for the site but after that, it works I guess.
I don't think there is any problem with TIWModalWindow regarding HTTPS. If you check our IWModalWindow example,

https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...odalWindow

One of the modal examples point to another site (in that case is http://atozed.com). Nothing prevents you to use HTTPS protocol instead of HTTP, and it should just work. Have you tried it?
That is the demo I looked at originally to find out this existed.

I switched the demo over to be HTTPS. The server app it self works now via HTTPS but the TIWModalWindow is still not bringing up any HTTPS link I pass to it.

If i switch it to any regular HTTP:// URL it works in the TIWModalWindow , but so far I can't seem to point the TIWModalWindow to ANY HTTPS:// even with the sever it self running as HTTPS now.

I've tried a number of HTTPS:// urls just to make sure and none of them show up.
(04-03-2018, 02:55 PM)cpstevenc Wrote: That is the demo I looked at originally to find out this existed.

I switched the demo over to be HTTPS. The server app it self works now via HTTPS but the TIWModalWindow is still not bringing up any HTTPS link I pass to it.

If i switch it to any regular HTTP:// URL it works in the TIWModalWindow , but so far I can't seem to point the TIWModalWindow  to ANY HTTPS:// even with the sever it self running as HTTPS now.

I've tried a number of HTTPS:// urls just to make sure and none of them show up.

For now i've given up on this.  Now just using href's with target="_blank" parameter set. The few users that this app is for are happy with it for now.  Enable popups for the site and
Chrome generates them a new tab for the HTTPS:// URLs.