Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10
(01-14-2020, 09:37 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: My test app connected to my websites ftp.  I may run into the same problems that others have expressed with the FTP client.  I did have a strange error that has nothing to do with my Indy installation.  It was a EldReplyRFCError with message "I won't open a connection to 192.xxx...(only to 47......)"  This will be part of my learning curve on FTP.

Yes, that is an error message from the FTP server, it is actively refusing to open a data connection to your client. Now you need to figure out why. Contact the server admin for help on that, if needed.

If I had to guess, it looks like you are running your client on a private LAN and the server doesn't want to open a data connection to a LAN IP, only to a WAN IP.

FTP file transfers are performed over a secondary TCP connection.

Are you performing your file transfers in Active mode (TIdFTP.Passive=False)? That is the default mode dictated by the FTP protocol. In that mode, the FTP server establishes the secondary connection as an outbound TCP connection FROM the server TO your client. But in order for that to work when your client is behind a proxy/router, you will have to set the TIdFTP.ExternalIP property to your public WAN IP, and setup appropriate port forwarding rules on the proxy/router itself (unless you are using a proxy/router that recognizes the FTP protocol and will forward automatically - most don't do that, though).

Otherwise, perform your file transfers in Passive mode instead (TIdFTP.Passive=True). In that mode, your FTP client establishes the secondary connection as an outbound TCP connection FROM the client TO the server, which is more friendly to proxies/routers.

(01-14-2020, 09:37 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: Now I need to get the SSL files that go with 10.6.2.  I'm guessing they will be the latest files.  

If you mean the OpenSSL DLLs, then Indy supports up to the latest OpenSSL 1.0.2u, NOT 1.1.x yet (work still in progress). Those DLLs are still currently available on the Fulgan mirror in the SSL folder, though they are expected to be moved to Indy's GitHub repo eventually.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10 - by rlebeau - 01-15-2020, 09:48 PM