Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10
(01-09-2020, 12:23 AM)OldBob1938 Wrote: The good news is that I've successfully installed 10.6.2.  The bad news is that it isn't working.  I use the MJFAF setup and instructions (I think I did it correctly).

MJ's pre-compiled binaries are old - looks like about 4 years old, based on the timestamps of the compiled files in the downloadable zip files.

Your best option at this point is to just download Indy's source code from GitHub and compile it yourself. That will ensure you have the absolute latest version of Indy.

(01-09-2020, 12:23 AM)OldBob1938 Wrote: Everything shows up in my C builder 2K7 correctly.  All compiles and links without a hitch.  But when I run the program from within the IDE and try to send an email ... complete failure.

That is not very helpful info. What EXACTLY goes wrong? Please be more specific.

(01-09-2020, 12:23 AM)OldBob1938 Wrote: The unit containing the smtp client loads ok but I get exception errors on things like setting the password.

What are the EXACT error messages? I find it very hard to believe that you are getting an exception from simply setting the Password property, given that property doesn't even have a setter method assigned to it. So either you are setting the property value on an invalid TIdSMTP object, or the layout of your Indy .hpp header files does not match the binaries you are using. Or, are you actually experiencing a server-side error where the SMTP server is rejecting your password during the authentication stage? That would be a completely different issue.

(01-09-2020, 12:23 AM)OldBob1938 Wrote: I also get a message that the system cannot find IdException.pas.  I believe that, because it isn't there.

That is normal behavior, if you are using only pre-compiled binaries and don't have their source code. The debugger is looking for Indy's source code to step into it, but you did not install the sources.

(01-09-2020, 12:23 AM)OldBob1938 Wrote: The MJFAF instructions said to delete or hide the source folder.

And did you? The problems you describe could be a result of having a mix of multiple Indy versions on the same machine.

(01-09-2020, 12:23 AM)OldBob1938 Wrote: When I tried idFTP the unit that uses it immediately reported that property IPVersion does not exist.

It should be. The IPVersion property is promoted to __published in TIdFTP, and was being done so in the version of Indy that MJ last compiled with. Which makes me all the more suspicious that you are compiling your code with older .hpp files located elsewhere on your machine.

(01-09-2020, 12:23 AM)OldBob1938 Wrote: I do note that there are a couple of files in the BIN folder (dlls) that aren't mentioned in the MJFAF instructions, but leaving them in or not makes no difference.  I am struggling with this ... it seemed so straightforward.  I've obviously missed something.

Did you read Indy's install instructions at all? Or did you just jump straight to MJ's instructions only?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10 - by rlebeau - 01-12-2020, 08:18 PM