Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10
(07-02-2018, 07:49 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: I've often felt that C++Builder is the stepchild in the Rad Studio family.

Yes, and no. C++ is a much more complex language to support than Delphi/Pascal is, so Embarcadero has to take longer and use more resources to support C++Builder, so it tends to lag behind Delphi in terms of new developments. That, and C++Builder was EOL'ed back in 2002/2003 and took a few years to be revived in RAD Studio (when it was known as BDS instead).

(07-02-2018, 07:49 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: Too frequently code samples and instructions are provided for Delphi/pascal.

Because they tend to be easier to work with, and because Delphi Pascal code can usually be used in C++Builder as-is, or they are fairly easily translatable to C++.

(07-02-2018, 07:49 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: This seems particularly true with third party software.  Indy is certainly not an exception to my observation.  

On the other hand, I am primarily a C++Builder user (I use Delphi only for developing Indy, and for small projects), so I make sure that Indy supports C++Builder as best I can.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10 - by rlebeau - 07-02-2018, 11:50 PM