Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10
(06-26-2018, 11:30 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: I've used WhichFailedToLoad() and get a strange response whether the dlls are in my program directory or not.  Here's what WhichFailedToLoad() returns

SSL_CTX_set_info_callback_indy
X509_STORE_CTX_get_app_data_indy
X509_get_notBefore_indy
X509_get_notAfter_indy
SSL_SESSION_get_id_indy
SSL_SESSION_get_id_ctx_indy
SSL_CTX_get_version_indy
SSL_CTX_set_options_indy
des_set_odd_parity
des_set_key
des_ecb_encryp

All of those "..._indy" functions are used only by Indy 9, not Indy 10.  So your app is actually using Indy 9.  Your issue is similar to this one:

Which is current correct indy and open ssl versions to use with delphi2007

(06-26-2018, 11:30 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: I have thought of updating to a later version of Indy, but don't know what the effect would be on the overall program, or even if it is possible given that it's unicode.

Indy 10 supports Delphi/C++Builder all the way back to v5 (though there are some known compiler issues with v5 specifically).  Indy will handle non-Unicode versions (though Unicode versions is preferred).  Depending on what your code looks like, you *might* need some tweaks, as there are additional properties/parameters available in various classes/procedures for handling ANSI strings.

(06-26-2018, 11:30 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: Other than that, I do need to solve the inability to load the OpenSSL dlls.    Can now load the dlls, but had to use dlls  from 096.

That is because you are actually using Indy 9, not Indy 10.  Indy 9 does not support OpenSSL versions above 0.9.6 (and even then, it requires custom OpenSSL 0.9.6 DLLs, not the standard DLLs).  Indy 10 supports up to OpenSSL 1.0.2, using standard DLLs.

(06-26-2018, 11:30 PM)OldBob1938 Wrote: They worked, but I did have to tag the gmail account I was using as an insecure app.

When 2-factor authentication is enabled in a Google account, you do not need to configure the account to allow insecure apps.  You can instead generate an app-specific password to use in Indy (only because Indy does not support Google's OAUTH authentication yet, but that is in the works).  Indy works fine with GMail when using an app-specific password.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to use new version of Indy 10 - by rlebeau - 06-27-2018, 08:04 PM