Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix to eliminate iconv for android (and other unix-es)
(01-30-2021, 07:02 AM)ZGabrovski@gmail.com Wrote: I took Indy form Online Package Manager in Lazarus. It is not a proble to update last trunk.

I have confirmed that the version of Indy in OPM is up-to-date with Indy's GitHub repo. The changes you provided earlier were to a copy of Indy that was not the latest from OPM or GitHub. That is OK, the changes are isolated enough that I can review and consider incorporating them, but I'm just making you aware that the copy of Indy you are working with is not up-to-date.

(01-31-2021, 08:16 AM)ZGabrovski@gmail.com Wrote: I am talking for Android 8,9,10, INdy is always 10Smile

Oh, OK. So, iconv works on Android prior to v10, just not on v10?

(01-31-2021, 08:16 AM)ZGabrovski@gmail.com Wrote: Many peoples reported for the problems with Android 10 and libc (not for indy and Iconv).
I am using ndk r18, I recompiled iconv with the same ndk, the result is the same - craash.

(01-31-2021, 08:16 AM)ZGabrovski@gmail.com Wrote: Condition is one and the same - first call of iconv.
But it is not Indy problem - I try to call Iconv outside the indy in a simple application, the result is exactly the same - crash.

Then you should be able to more easily debug exactly why it is crashing. What does your test code look like? What is the exact error message? Your earlier post shows the error as a "null pointer dereference", so WHERE is the null pointer exactly?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fix to eliminate iconv for android (and other unix-es) - by rlebeau - 01-31-2021, 07:53 PM