Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delphi 10.3 - Enable application to send emails without email client
(04-10-2020, 04:49 PM)joceravolo Wrote: I have different emails to test it with. They all require SSL, but I there's no mention of TLS.

You need to understand the difference.

When a server wants "SSL", it usually wants an "implicit" SSL/TLS session, meaning that the client must negotiate an SSL/TLS session immediately upon connecting to the server's port, before then reading the server's (now-encrypted) greeting or sending any (encrypted) commands. This is handled in Indy by setting the UseTLS property to utUseImplicitTLS.

When a server wants "TLS", it usually wants an "explicit" SSL/TLS session, meaning that the client must not negotiate an SSL/TLS session immediately upon connecting to the server's port. It must read the server's (unencrypted) greeting first, and then later it can send an appropriate STARTTLS command (if the server advertises support for it) to ask for permission to then negotiate an SSL/TLS session before sending any further (encrypted) commands. This is handled in Indy by setting the UseTLS property to utUseExplicitTLS.

(04-10-2020, 04:49 PM)joceravolo Wrote: On Yahoo I set it up to be able to use an app to send emais.
Is there a way to query the server requirements?

So, with the SSL configuration (Ports 995 and 465) in mind.
On that case, what do I have to config?

POP3:
Port 110 uses explicit-tls.
Port 995 uses implicit-ssl.

SMTP:
Port 25 is usually unencrypted, may support explicit-tls (check server capabilities).
Port 465 uses implicit-ssl.
Port 587 uses explicit-tls.

IMAP
Port 143 uses explicit-tls.
Port 993 uses implicit-ssl.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delphi 10.3 - Enable application to send emails without email client - by rlebeau - 04-10-2020, 08:16 PM