Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERROR: AV's and IWButton.picture.data: the parameter is incorrect
mrSpock,

To be honest, I perform both Insert, update and delete through the ADOQuery without any transaction control. In a webservice running alongside this program on the server, also as a service, I'm using only ADOStoredProc, calling only stored procedures, and all of those doing insert, update or delete, is always wrapped in a begin trans with either commit or rollback. If it turns out to be a problem, I change to using ADOStoredProc instead-

How do you do what you describe, in the program using a ADOQuery ?

The problem I'm facing seem to only affect the Select I let users perform after entering values for a where clause. Those selects will search millions of rows, but always with top(30) or max top(100) limiting search time. Nevertheless, each select takes 2-4 seconds. And that's where the problem appears to be.

Various tests has shown that selecting individual rows, like an Customer from a Customers tabel, never mix data, even though they are activated at the same time. Also, saving (updating) at the same time seem not to give any trouble. I even have a so called Real-Time display, listing the 15 last rows of a table based on a given where condition, and being refreshed every 5-10 seconds. And even when 2 such functions are displaying various rows at the same time, and again are being activated at the exact time, they do not mix data.

The selected data, both for the search select that goes wrong, and for the selects listing the real-time added rows, are shown in a grid. In my case it is a TMS IwAdvWebGrid (not db aware) but one I populate manually from query fieldbyname to grid.cell[x,y].

It is strange I do not see the problem in the Real-Time displays, but it could be due to the time it takes to run the select. The Real-Time is always limited to one of the Key values of the table and is quite quick, whereas the larger search select, is not using the key field of the table. It appears only to affect a longer running select, even though we are talking max. 3-4 seconds.

I suppose Tran, Commit and Rollback do limit access to tables but not when it is a select, so I cannot use it for this.

I'll keep trying,

Regards
Soren

Messages In This Thread
RE: ERROR: AV's and IWButton.picture.data: the parameter is incorrect - by SorenJensen - 02-10-2020, 09:46 AM