Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERROR: AV's and IWButton.picture.data: the parameter is incorrect
Hi mrSpock,

Thank you for your example code. The way you have changed it to, is the way I have had my program all along, from the beginning. As mentioned earlier I have had only 1 or 2 local vars, after the end of the form class and public definitions, but before the word "Implementation" and for those forms I have moved it up into the public part.

And also only a few functions (like your Y_OD_X example) have been used in the implementation part of two forms, without the "TIWFORM7" part of the procedure/function name, and without being defined in the public part. They too have now been properly defined, and of course your TIWForm7 has been changed to the name of my form. But so far it has not solved my problems.

I'm still on square one. I'll do some more testing today to isolate the problem further. As my application covers a lot of user data entry forms, where there do not seem to be a conflict when a user select a record, even when 2 uses try to select an item at the same time, I have a feeling it is mostly when executing longer running selects (+/- 3-4 seconds), I have the problem. It is still a problem, but indicated the problem might lie elsewhere.

I'll keep feeding this thread as I find out more.

Finally I'd say I agree, it would have been nice if documentation had been up to date.

Regards
Soren

Messages In This Thread
RE: ERROR: AV's and IWButton.picture.data: the parameter is incorrect - by SorenJensen - 02-10-2020, 08:40 AM