Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERROR: AV's and IWButton.picture.data: the parameter is incorrect
Hi Alexandre,

I'm not manipulating the IWImage picture property at run time. I have around 20-25 small IwImages (20x20px) loaded with a Bitmap image, and equipped with an OnClick event. Serves as a "speedbutton" as in VCL Delphi. ALL images are loaded at design time, and are part of the dfm file as a large number of Hex values. Again as it is in VCL. All 20-25 images are one and the same. A small "magnifying glass" image, symbolizing a search option. So only one image used.

I will change the image to a png and reload all the IwImages, and set their preProcessImage property, to begin with and try that to see if I still get problems and if, I'll try with the other option proposed (IwImageFile with a copy of the image in the wwwroot folder).

My setup is: A SA HTTP.SYS program installed on a Server and started as a service. During development I use it locally on my development machine with the execute option set true, using Edge (the company chosen browser), testing all by my self as only one user. No problem there. When I want to publish it, I compile it with execute set false, and copy it onto the server, and start the service. I then start Edge and start the application using the url of the service. Again it is only me and I have no problems.

The problem started when we were 3-4 users at the same time. Whether trying the same or different forms, we all experiences the problems with AV and picture.data error described above.

Notice: I'm not (deliberately, or as far as I know) using threads. My application is in a way like a traditional VLC application, with a menu creating a form on entry and releasing it at exit, maybe calling other forms, like the search form when clicking a search image, but all nicely releasing their created form, in the same order as they were created. Only in the Search option, am I "jumping" through 2-3 forms, carefully releasing each one right after it has created the next. When the final form is released, the release takes the user back to the original screen. As I said, like a traditional VLC application.

My application is management application, only running on company intranet. It is used by administrative HQ staff to prepare and handle data in SQL tables, where the primary registration of activity is done by a Win32 program running on a number of remote devices placed around in the world. These are communicating with the SQL server through a Webservice, which is another IW HTTP.SYS application, wrapped in a Service shell, as SOAP webservice. It does not have any GUI and all access to SQL tables, are done through ADO DBConnection and ADOStoredProc.

When you ask "What's your IW session", I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Regards
Soren

Messages In This Thread
RE: ERROR: AV's and IWButton.picture.data: the parameter is incorrect - by SorenJensen - 02-08-2020, 06:17 AM