Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird session form overlay issue and memory leaks
Hi there.  I ran into something new in the Chrome browser I wanted to share out in hopes someone else can be saved some pain.  I was having a weird issue sporadically out in the field in Chrome browsers.

I have a form that has hidden fields until a user clicks a button to show details.  The issue comes up when the details loaded for a customer and then the user loads up a new form.  When this form is then displayed again without the details shown, the previous shown fields are still inside the browser hidden with their last values.  Then in my code I test to see if there are values and then act on this even though technically these are blank during an add since the user has decided to keep the details hidden.  Clicking on the details button then will show the blank fields that are really there and then the code acts properly.

I had to code a workaround to never trust the browser to have hidden fields blank as they should be for an add event the way I have my form designed.  The situation seems to appear depending on local load on the user machine or some other unknown Google formula probably due to the memory/resource hog it is.  I have had a day filled with Chrome issues (a plugin method was depreciated apparently and then when Chrome was upgraded no more plugin so I have to hack some java now).

Anyway, I just wanted to share my plight out in hopes it will assist someone else.  Be very careful with "blank" invisible fields in Chrome since it may keep a image of the previous values and mess you up assuming your form load is sovereign.

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weird session form overlay issue and memory leaks - by bob9999 - 02-29-2020, 04:48 AM