Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to send POST data to a webserver?
(05-01-2018, 06:30 AM)BosseB Wrote: Thanks, I have modified the code as follows and tested it:

The 2nd call to TIdHTTP.Get() is unnecessary.

(05-01-2018, 06:30 AM)BosseB Wrote: I have not used Wireshark to do any analysis. Many years ago I installed it but I did not really understand how to use it. There simply was too much stuff being shown. Is there a way to set it up to ONLY show traffic to and from a specific IP address?

Of course. Wireshark has a fairly powerful filtering engine. Plus, once you see any packet for a given TCP connection, you can simply right-click on it and choose "Follow TCP stream", and that will filter just the packets for that specific connection, and will also open a separate window with just the application-level data (HTTP in this case) with all the lower-level data hidden.

You don't have to use Wireshark at all, that was just one example. You could alternatively use your web browser's built-in debugger (most modern browsers have one, including Firefox) to see the browser's HTTP traffic, and assign one of Indy's TIdLog... components to the TIdHTTP.Intercept property to see Indy's HTTP traffic. Then you can compare the two outputs for differences and adjust your TIdHTTP code accordingly.

Messages In This Thread
How to send POST data to a webserver? - by BosseB - 04-30-2018, 09:56 PM
RE: How to send POST data to a webserver? - by rlebeau - 05-01-2018, 03:44 PM