• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IW 15.0.22 is out
Hi guys,

there is a new update for IW 15.0 version here: 

https://www.atozed.com/2019/06/intraweb-15-0-22/

Enjoy  Smile
Hi,

with 15.0.20 and this new Version i´ve spurios errors like

In Project CustomStandAlone.exe Exception occured Class ENoCookieSupportException ... 'Cookies are disabled in your browser. Please enable cookie support and try to restart the application.'  (Message isn´t true)

and more often

In Project CustomStandAlone.exe Exception occured Class EIdSocketError ... 'Socket Error # 10053
Software caused connection abort.' .

Same in my app. Sometimes occurs with this command.

IWStandAloneServer1.Run;

Tested with RIO 10.3 , Windows10 , Firefox

Martin
#1 - This is caused by a user disabling cookies via plugin or other. If you need to support such users you need to use a different tracking mode.

#2 - This is a normal exception and will be handled by IW if you just let it continue. Browsers and proxies often abnormally terminate the connection.
(06-12-2019, 09:52 PM)kudzu Wrote: #1 - This is caused by a user disabling cookies via plugin or other. If you need to support such users you need to use a different tracking mode.

#2 - This is a normal exception and will be handled by IW if you just let it continue. Browsers and proxies often abnormally terminate the connection.

Thank you for your quick answer

#1 it isn´t disabled in firefox-  - appeared only sometimes - not reproducible. Maybe firefox update was running in background.

#2 investigate it more.  Happens in IDE only - i´ve seen  at the Delphi Tokyo machine that exception has been disabled. In the new installed RIO
i had to switch it off too.
(06-12-2019, 03:23 PM)mludwig@adc-elektronik.de Wrote: Hi,

with 15.0.20 and this new Version i´ve spurios errors like

In Project CustomStandAlone.exe Exception occured Class ENoCookieSupportException ... 'Cookies are disabled in your browser. Please enable cookie support and try to restart the application.'  (Message isn´t true)

and more often

In Project CustomStandAlone.exe Exception occured Class EIdSocketError ... 'Socket Error # 10053
Software caused connection abort.' .

Same in my app. Sometimes occurs with this command.

IWStandAloneServer1.Run;

Tested with RIO 10.3 , Windows10 , Firefox

Martin
Your reply was empty except for the quoting.
(06-13-2019, 03:19 PM)kudzu Wrote: Your reply was empty except for the quoting.

Weird... not sure what happened. I'm sure I posted the correct text.

Here it goes again:

This exception with Firefox happens because Firefox does an idiotic thing which is: it actively refreshes that thumbnail images used as a preview when you open it (I don't remember the name they give to that "feature", but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about).

Just ignore it. It won't cause any harm to your application and it is not a IW bug. Firefox just tries to retrieve the same page used before, which clearly doesn't exist. Besides that, IntraWeb actively says to the browser: *DO NOT CACHE THIS PAGE", still, FireFox developers decided that it is ok to re-fetch a page that you said that shouldn't be cached. It doesn't make sense to me and IMO it is a clear security flaw in FF.