Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot started service after deploy http.sys application
i try to test Http.sys application sample "HttpSysDemo" with Intraweb 15.0.17

in DPR file :
TIWStartHSys.Execute(False);

then i deploy then HttpSysDemo1.exe as service with cmd run as administrator :
sc create HSysApp1 binPath="C:\PROJETS\\Intraweb\Samples\15\Delphi\HttpSysDemo\App1\Win32\Debug\HttpSysDemo1.exe"

When i try to start the service in the previous cmd windows with :
net start HSysApp1

the result is :

Le service HSysApp1 démarre........ (i.e. HSysApp1 service starts......)

Le service HSysApp1 n’a pas pu être lancé. (i.e. HSysApp1 service cannot be started)

why ? i don't find any detail about this failure.
Any  idea please ?
(05-22-2019, 08:01 AM)Stéphane Wrote: i try to test Http.sys application sample "HttpSysDemo" with Intraweb 15.0.17

in DPR file :
TIWStartHSys.Execute(False);

then i deploy then HttpSysDemo1.exe as service with cmd run as administrator :
sc create HSysApp1 binPath="C:\PROJETS\\Intraweb\Samples\15\Delphi\HttpSysDemo\App1\Win32\Debug\HttpSysDemo1.exe"

When i try to start the service in the previous cmd windows with :
net start HSysApp1

the result is :

Le service HSysApp1 démarre........ (i.e. HSysApp1 service starts......)

Le service HSysApp1 n’a pas pu être lancé. (i.e. HSysApp1 service cannot be started)

why ? i don't find any detail about this failure.
Any  idea please ?

Your service must be configured using an account with administrator privileges (or at least an account with enough privileges to add a mapping to Http.sys).

- After installing your service, open the service console (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services)

- Find your service, and double click on it.

- In the log on tab, configure the account to start the service. I recommend you to start with the local administrator so you can check if that will solve your issue.
i made a mistake when i deploy the exe : it is necessary to use "ApplicationName.exe /install" in cmd running as adminiatrator (and not "sc create ...")
well it works now !
but when i try to deploy the second exe (HttpSysDemo2.exe) i got a error message : code 1073 : the specified service already exists
why ? it's not the same application
(05-22-2019, 10:35 AM)Stéphane Wrote: i made a mistake when i deploy the exe : it is necessary to use "ApplicationName.exe /install" in cmd running as adminiatrator (and not "sc create ...")
well it works now !
but when i try to deploy the second exe (HttpSysDemo2.exe)  i got a error message : code 1073 : the specified service already exists
why ? it's not the same application

Check the name of the application (internally in server controller). This is what IW will use to create the service. They must be different.
Thanks Alexandre. It works very well !