Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWTreeView - please help
I am back from leave and still struggling with this.  I have some more intelligence..
To recap, I can build the example in C++ Builder and it works as expected.  But if I deleted the TIWTreeView and replaced it with same from my component palette (adding the same event handlers) then it was non-functional.  I examined the difference between the text version of the example form and that of my non-functional version and the IWTV properties look substantially the same (see below)...

But I found that if I copied the TV properties in their entirety from the example to my page, the TV started working again.  I checked each item individually and they were the same except (and I had unfortunately discounted this)...

WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE is that the example has a couple of TreeNodes added at the design stage, thus present in the text, whereas my page did not.  Sure enough, I proved that this was the difference between functionality and failure.  To prove the point, I took my non-functioning page without any pre-defined nodes, added a minimal node (HELLO) in the designer and - bingo, the TV now works.

I remain uncertain what is going on here, and short of adding an arbitrary node in the designer that does nothing, I can't quite see how to navigate around the problem where all the nodes are added dynamically.

Please...

Denville.

Messages In This Thread
TIWTreeView - please help - by denville - 04-24-2019, 05:12 PM
RE: TIWTreeView - please help - by denville - 04-27-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: TIWTreeView - please help - by denville - 05-09-2019, 08:15 AM
RE: TIWTreeView - please help - by denville - 05-11-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: TIWTreeView - please help - by denville - 06-08-2019, 10:32 AM
RE: TIWTreeView - please help - by denville - 06-10-2019, 12:13 PM