Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue in TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.OnStatusInfoEx
(12-05-2018, 07:02 PM)rlebeau Wrote: Yes, but not for a couple of years.  It is still very new, not many sites are using it yet.  TLS 1.1 and 1.2 will suffice for awhile, so there is still time.

Which is fine, since Indy supports TLS 1.2 today (it is just not enabled by default).

I agree with you. The cause WHY i insist to support TLS 1.3 is a lesson from another front: Since Embarcadero has dropped using Indy in their REST client and switched to native-OS-connections, there are many problems on Windows 7 and Vista machines when connecting to TLS-1.2-only-servers. The support of 1.2 depends from some OS updates and registry patches. Much work for our field representatives at the customers side. Since we decide to drop using Delphi REST client and built our own one with Indy+OpenSSL, there are NO problems anymore with 1.2. In my mind's eye I saw the same problems with Indy and TLS 1.3 coming up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue in TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.OnStatusInfoEx - by Codehunter - 12-07-2018, 07:32 AM