Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INDY Cross Platform
Remy,

Thank you for your detailed response. I will indeed pursue the SSL issue (I sort of have to). I need to provide access to the Dropbox API through a DLL (in windows) and a DYLIB in macOS. It appears than anything with the FMX Forms unit in it blows up the application with the DYLIB with "Could not Register TFMXApplicationDelegate". I was suing the TMS FMX Cloud Pack (and VCL Cloud Pack). The people at TMS know absolutely nothing about unit their component(s) in a DLL and when I queried them about using it in a DYLIB actually told me they doubted that you could use FMS application / DYLIB (actually, I though that was the whole point of FMX, maybe I should just look at some other language):

Unfortunately the TMS FMX Cloud Pack does not include support to be used in DYLIB.
The product has indeed not been tested in this scenario.
We are currently not aware if there is even support to use any FMX application in this scenario, as like you mentioned using FMX.Forms is already causing issues.
Unfortunately even only researching if it would be possible to use TMS FMX Cloud Pack in a DYLIB could take a significant amount of development time let alone implementing the required changes which could likely be technically challenging.
Please also note that we haven't noticed any demand from other customers for the TMS FMX Cloud Pack in this scenario. 

Anyway, I'm not getting any support there which is disappointing since the reason I purchased the FMX Cloud Pack was because of the cross platform ability. So it's cross platform (I think) provided you ONLY use it in an application.

Sorry, I digress. I appreciate (once again) your lengthy response, answering ALL of my questions in detail where required.

regards,
kevin

Messages In This Thread
INDY Cross Platform - by Cirrus22 - 10-28-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: INDY Cross Platform - by rlebeau - 10-29-2018, 07:28 PM
RE: INDY Cross Platform - by Cirrus22 - 10-29-2018, 11:08 PM
RE: INDY Cross Platform - by rlebeau - 10-31-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: INDY Cross Platform - by shochberg - 10-31-2018, 08:15 PM
RE: INDY Cross Platform - by shochberg - 10-31-2018, 06:34 PM